• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first Cornsnake what would you call him?

***Beth***

Sleepless Snake Addict
Hi all!

I own a mexican kingsnake but have wanted a cornsnake for awhile. Today I saw one and finally caved. He was labeled as a "Male Vanishing Pattern." I got him from a pretty decent petshop but would still like to hear your thoughts on what he is. I'm still learning all the terms for patterns and colors for snakes. What color would you call him also? Still thinking on a name... He's a sweetie. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I'm not taking him out for a photoshoot until after he settles in, but couldn't help getting a quick vid. Oh and the video JUST uploaded to youtube so the quality may be a bit bad until it's finished processing. (might be a few hours, tends to be slow for me...)

He looks like a vanishing pattern. I have a vanishing stripe anery, they're cool. Every time they shed a bit of pattern washes out. Name him whatever you like. I have a list of names for prospective snakes. Many of them I got from naming websites in the mythology section. My next male snake will be Johannes after Johannes Faust.

Here are some better pics of him. Still thinking on a name... Kinda liking Spice... hmmmm...

002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

005.JPG

Thanks all :D I know it's pretty normal coloring, but I still love how it blends from a tannish to orangey yellow. He's got a sweet temprament and actually shed today. I just love snakes...

Normal is a misnomer I think. There is no standard for a normal corn, just one most like the wild corns. Vanishing patterns are unusual. I did not know they existed until my anery shed off half her stripe. You can call him a Classic or Carolina vanishing pattern if you like.

Cool. Thanks for the info. :)

Here's another pic, just ate FT for the first time, took to them no problem. He likes to pick them up, throw his head back and just let them slide down, letting gravity do a lot of the work. LOL Thought it was cool. Here ya go:

002_001.JPG

That is how they do it. My '09 snow is on hoppers, he'll only eat them upside down with their legs sticking up. His feeding tank is being used for another snake, so I picked out a mixing bowl to feed him in. The bowl turned out to be way to small, so I had to hold the back half of him as he ate. I'd never held a snake while it ate before; I was worried he'd refuse, but he just ignored me. He is such a placid snake.

Figuring out their personalities is the best part of snake keeping.

Oh He's really handsome and what a sweet face!

Names?...When I see his orange-y to to yellow I think of citrus. How about "Tangelo" :D
EDIT 2: More specific than Spice, could be the name "Curry"

EDIT 1: I also really like his 'white lips' in that feeding shot...makes me giggle.

Last edited:
Back