CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Underweight feeding

Old 04-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
11malibu
Underweight feeding

How often should an underweight snake be fed? She ate a small rat on the 18th. She is 3 years old and now weighs 1090 grams compared to the 1140 grams she weighed a month ago (which she was also underweight then). I think 7-8 days is a good enough time between meals but was looking for other opinions. I only worry because she regurgitated in the past month.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
dave partington
a 3 yr old that weighs 1090 grams?
what kind of cornsnake is that?

Old 04-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
11malibu
She's a Irian Jaya Carpet Python haha

Old 04-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
IrishInIsengard
I only know about corn snakes. Is there a section here for other snake types?

Old 04-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
11malibu
There is a general section but I put this here because it is the feeding/health issues section.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11malibu View Post
There is a general section but I put this here because it is the feeding/health issues section.
This site was created for corn snake questions, and the "General" section allows you to talk about anything un-corn related. If you have a question about a different type of snake I would Google it and try to find a board specifically for your breed. If everyone made posts about all their reptiles it would cease a lot of traffic that are here for corn snakes only.

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #7
11malibu
There are a lot of people on here that post about there other snakes they have, lots.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #8
obboi34
yes, that's true, but it isn't a good practice. I do it sometimes too. Eeep! I'd suggest feeding every 10 to 14 days until your snake starts to have the proper body shape, at which point you can switch to 14-21 days between feedings. remember that some are just skinnier no matter what.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #9
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11malibu View Post
There are a lot of people on here that post about there other snakes they have, lots.
Yes they do, but they post in the "General" section.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google