CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

Old 02-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #131
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Hello, Haight. I noticed that you've had Slinky for about 6 months now, and I was wondering how he was doing... size, eating... because I just got my first snake 2/2/16, and I'm wondering what to expect. Her hatch date was 6/9/15, making her almost 8 months old.
PS: How did you get a picture into the text box? I tried to copy in one of Ayasha from my computer Pictures folder, but it didn't paste in.
Don't base your snake's weight or length on anyone else's, Slinky especially...he's an exceptional grower. My cayenne is a week older than Slinky and is about 37g on a semi-aggressive feeding plan. Your hatchling will grow at her own pace as long as she's getting the nutrients she needs.

As for uploading a photo, for your image to be viewable by everyone else, it must be hosted somewhere with public access (if we could see photos on your computer, that would be a serious security problem!). You can attach up to 5 photos to your post using the additional options below:

Clicking "Manage Attachments" brings up this window:

Clicking any of the "Choose File" buttons lets you search your computer for a photo to attach. There are file size limits partially because server space costs money to provide, so if your file is too big you'll have to resize it before uploading. You can use sites like http://imageresize.org/ to resize a pic before attaching it to the forum.

If you're feeling more adventurous, you could upload to http://imgur.com/. I tried to find a good tutorial, but they're all either terrible or outdated. Just hit the blue "upload images" button at the top, click "browse your computer", and choose the files you want to upload. You can upload one at a time, or hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the photos you want to upload to choose multiples (I recommend starting out just doing one at a time. Hit "start upload" and it will take you to your uploaded photo. On the left side of the page, just press the little double page icon next to "BBCode (Forums)":

Then either right click in your forum text...

...or hold the Ctrl button and press V to paste the BBCode in.

If your image is very large, add a lowercase letter L before the extension (.jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.) of the image to make it a happy forum-friendly size:

I highly recommend testing this out in our test forum and get a good feel for it. If you make mistakes there it doesn't matter, and folks will be able to help you figure out what's going wrong.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #132
fab23
this is the best one which i used http://www.picresizer.net/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google