CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

My first Cornsnake what would you call him?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
***Beth***
Thanks all I know it's pretty normal coloring, but I still love how it blends from a tannish to orangey yellow. He's got a sweet temprament and actually shed today. I just love snakes...

Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
RobbiesCornField
I would call him Taco. Just for shiggles.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
dawn75801
What a nice-looking guy.. I love his colors! I have a motley with those same colors and I just love him.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Dreamsnake
Normal is a misnomer I think. There is no standard for a normal corn, just one most like the wild corns. Vanishing patterns are unusual. I did not know they existed until my anery shed off half her stripe. You can call him a Classic or Carolina vanishing pattern if you like.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
***Beth***
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Here's another pic, just ate FT for the first time, took to them no problem. He likes to pick them up, throw his head back and just let them slide down, letting gravity do a lot of the work. LOL Thought it was cool. Here ya go:

Old 02-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
Dreamsnake
That is how they do it. My '09 snow is on hoppers, he'll only eat them upside down with their legs sticking up. His feeding tank is being used for another snake, so I picked out a mixing bowl to feed him in. The bowl turned out to be way to small, so I had to hold the back half of him as he ate. I'd never held a snake while it ate before; I was worried he'd refuse, but he just ignored me. He is such a placid snake.

Figuring out their personalities is the best part of snake keeping.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
Kethryanne
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful snake.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Karoni
Oh, snake envy! He's gorgeous. I loooove stripes. I think Spice is a great name, too.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
OkeeteeMom
Oh He's really handsome and what a sweet face!

Names?...When I see his orange-y to to yellow I think of citrus. How about "Tangelo"
EDIT 2: More specific than Spice, could be the name "Curry"

EDIT 1: I also really like his 'white lips' in that feeding shot...makes me giggle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google