CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New snake owner in Brampton Ontario

Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #71
Serp
Hiiii Sorry I'm changing the subject.

There is this pet store out in Oshawa that sell mice for a lot cheaper. I think I got my pinkies for about 70 cents each in bulk.....though I forget how many I bought unless I go and count them....

Anyways they're called D&D Exotics

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #72
Korilon
ahhhh cool
thanks Chaos

I gotta take a closer look at Kori see what she is :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSinceBirth View Post
The term 'saddle' is applied to the pattern that is common on a corn snake's back. If you'll notice, there's the main colour of the snake, and as it gets closer to the spine, you have different coloured circles/ovals that are lined with a different shade or colour. The ovals are what are called 'saddles'.
For example, on the snake below the saddles are a reddish brown, the borders a thin black, and the body is a tan-grey:

Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #73
Korilon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post
Hiiii Sorry I'm changing the subject.

There is this pet store out in Oshawa that sell mice for a lot cheaper. I think I got my pinkies for about 70 cents each in bulk.....though I forget how many I bought unless I go and count them....

Anyways they're called D&D Exotics

Do tehy have a website? i couldn't find a site for them.
Are tehy still in business?

lol

I found a place called Squamata reptiles in mississauga. If you get 25 fuzzies they come to 80 cents each. that's not bad.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #74
Serp
Yes they are still in buiness lol But they have just moved about a month ago and they're new website isn't up yet.

I'll keep Squamata Reptiles in mind when my snake moves on to fuzzies

Old 07-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #75
Sayjoo13
Hey all! Not to be a creeper, but I'm new to this site (and snake owning) and have been reading over these posts! Lots of useful information!!! And Kori is BEAUTIFUL!!! Seeing all these cool snakes is making me sad that my corn snake is plain hahaha but he's beautiful to me anyway!!!

I've been holding my little guy every day for about 20-30min a day and by the third day or so he was very very mellow and calm. I didn't hold him yesterday or today though because I fed him early afternoon yesterday and am letting him digest it before handling him. He was scared of me at first, like Kori is of you, but he's fine with me now. Just a little skittish if I move too fast, but he's even getting more comfortable with that. Kori will in time too

Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #76
Korilon
Thanks Sayjoo13

your little guy looks awesome whata re you talking about?

I started just putting my hand in the viv for a few mins to let her smell it and see it is not there to hurt her. she is doing ok with that and lets me get my had close to her but as soon as i touch her she darts away. makes it hard to catch her to move her to her feeding tank.

When I do hold her she is actively trying to get away all the time.
I know in time she will get better.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #77
Korilon
not sure if this will work but here is a vid of kori attacking that fuzzy last night. i guess she was a bit hungry :P

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...s&notif_t=like

Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #78
Sayjoo13
Thank you! And wow! Cool vid! haha No matter how many snakes I see eat, I'm always amazed at how far they can open their mouths haha I saw Lestat yawn last night, which I thought was interesting. I didn't know snakes yawned. (I feel kind of stupid now, because I suppose ALL animals yawn lol) But, that was a pretty cool sight to see!

Did you feed Kori double pinkies before upgrading to fuzzies? Or did you go straight from one pinkie to one fuzzy the next feeding? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do when the time comes to upgrade my little guy

Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #79
Korilon
Sayjoo13 I have only had Kori for like 2 weeks now. The store guy said she was eating 2 pinkies every 4-5 days.
My first feeding when i got her the guy told me to give her 3 pinkies. Well i bought 4 so my friend who works at a petsmart said if she is still hungry give her all 4. so I did and she scarfed them all down no problem.

Then i found out from the guru's here that thatw as too much. so I just went to 1 fuzzy now every 5 days.

They told me when i got her that she was very small for her age and that may be why she is eating so much. She certainly has no problem eating now lol :P

Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #80
Sayjoo13
Ooh ok! I still have about 5 pinkies, so I'm going to give Lestat one every 5 days, then upgrade him to one fuzzy every 5 days. I swear he's grown in just the 6 days that I've had him, but maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me. I think he could handle a fuzzy, but I'll let him finish of the box of pinkies I bought first

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google