CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New member and baby corn snake! (Pic heavy)

Old 07-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #41
Genlisae
If I am ever turned into a snake I totally want you to design my viv! That looks gorgeous.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #42
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genlisae View Post
If I am ever turned into a snake I totally want you to design my viv! That looks gorgeous.

Haha thank you! I've always enjoyed setting up vivs so I wouldn't mind!! I think I'm pretty much finished with my corns setup for now. Eventually I'd like to change things around and make it look a little bit more like a forest.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #43
smigon
It is amazing! You did a great job. I LOVE finding cool rocks for my vivs. We had our front yard designed in a desert theme with a rock river, so there are thousands of different color river rocks to choose from. I just go shopping in my front yard!

A razor blade, rubbing alcohol and Goo Gone should take care of it, you may have to let it soak in for a bit, but that should help.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #44
smigon
I was just looking at the thermostats, and the one recommended on the last page is about $30, OR you can buy a 2-pack for $120. Oh man, I am going to have to think on that one, what a spectacular bargain THAT is!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #45
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
It is amazing! You did a great job. I LOVE finding cool rocks for my vivs. We had our front yard designed in a desert theme with a rock river, so there are thousands of different color river rocks to choose from. I just go shopping in my front yard!

A razor blade, rubbing alcohol and Goo Gone should take care of it, you may have to let it soak in for a bit, but that should help.

Nice!! When I got home I was doing the same thing and I lifted up one rock and a huge centipede was under it. Idk why but centipedes have always creeped me out so I jumped and dropped the rock and a neighbor happened to be walking by... They were probably just like what is this dude doing!? Lol

I'll defiantly try that!

And if I fed my snake on Friday would it be alright to hold it for a little bit tonight? With past snakes I usually waited 48hrs but since it's a baby I don't want to mess up it's digestion process. On Saturday it spent the whole day on the warm side. Yesterday it was hissing on the cold but came out at night. This morning it was on the cold again. And now it's chilling on a fake plant on the cold side.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #46
hypnoctopus
I think it will be fine if you hold him now. If he's already pooped or if you see a bulge right before his vent, he's digested and should be fine to hold.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #47
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I think it will be fine if you hold him now. If he's already pooped or if you see a bulge right before his vent, he's digested and should be fine to hold.

I haven't been able to find any poop and he's kind of curled up so it's hard to see if there's a bulge before the vent. I might wait a few more hours and see if it's moved so I can get a better look.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #48
hypnoctopus
I'm sure by now he's done digesting. You can even pick him up to check his vent.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #49
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I'm sure by now he's done digesting. You can even pick him up to check his vent.

I couldn't find any bulge so I went ahead and held him for about 10 mins! This was my first real time handling it and he was really busy going from hand to hand! Made it difficult to snap some photos but I got a few good ones in (:

Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #50
hypnoctopus
What a pretty little guy! Most baby corns really like to stay on the move, but you can use your hands like a treadmill to keep them from leaving.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google