CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New member and baby corn snake! (Pic heavy)

Old 07-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #51
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
What a pretty little guy! Most baby corns really like to stay on the move, but you can use your hands like a treadmill to keep them from leaving.

Thank you! I noticed if I didn't put my other hand out he'd kinda just sit there and be like "come on dude" haha.

Quick question.. After I put him back in the viv he went straight for a hide. Is that normal behavior?

Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #52
gelshark
yup + there's bad weather here, my kids ran for the basement.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #53
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
yup + there's bad weather here, my kids ran for the basement.

Do snakes react to outside weather? I'm really hoping for a thunderstorm. I've been enjoying all this rain we've been getting!

Old 07-30-2014, 04:35 AM   #54
Phruit Dish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genlisae View Post
If I am ever turned into a snake I totally want you to design my viv! That looks gorgeous.
Right? I'm thinking there's an opportunity to be had here designing vivs. Maybe two options, one with just plans and a material list for the DIY consumer, another with a full kit containing everything needed for the setup, plans, and step-by-step setup instructions for those who just want to be able to sit down and put it all together right away.

There might be a market for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
I was just looking at the thermostats, and the one recommended on the last page is about $30, OR you can buy a 2-pack for $120. Oh man, I am going to have to think on that one, what a spectacular bargain THAT is!
LOL...you saw that too? I shrugged it off and figured either I was missing some key info (maybe it's not 2 units, but 2 cases? Or something crazy like that) or someone has been holding onto old Hydrofarm-labeled units and is banking on nostalgia justifying the cost. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmatsumoto View Post
Nice!! When I got home I was doing the same thing and I lifted up one rock and a huge centipede was under it. Idk why but centipedes have always creeped me out so I jumped and dropped the rock and a neighbor happened to be walking by... They were probably just like what is this dude doing!? Lol
Ok, that is REALLY funny. LOL. But to be fair, I hate millipedes (I call them "feetipedes" because they just have too many damn feet!!) because of the way they crunch if you step on one. It seriously sends a shiver through my spine, both ways, and totally creeps me out to think about it.

Quote:
Quick question.. After I put him back in the viv he went straight for a hide. Is that normal behavior?
Totally normal.
Quote:
Do snakes react to outside weather? I'm really hoping for a thunderstorm. I've been enjoying all this rain we've been getting!
Not that I've noticed. Thunder and lightning, power outages, and the loud booming sound of transformers blowing up don't bother my girl. She's very, very calm, though, so that could just be my luck in getting an unshakable corn. My advice would be to keep an eye on yours during a storm and do what you can to minimize any stress he may feel.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #55
smigon
Quote:
Nice!! When I got home I was doing the same thing and I lifted up one rock and a huge centipede was under it. Idk why but centipedes have always creeped me out so I jumped and dropped the rock and a neighbor happened to be walking by... They were probably just like what is this dude doing!? Lol
What is not to be creeped out by a long, crunchy thing with thousands of little legs all moving at the same time? I'm with you, ISH!

Quote:
And if I fed my snake on Friday would it be alright to hold it for a little bit tonight? With past snakes I usually waited 48hrs but since it's a baby I don't want to mess up it's digestion process. On Saturday it spent the whole day on the warm side. Yesterday it was hissing on the cold but came out at night. This morning it was on the cold again. And now it's chilling on a fake plant on the cold side.
Absolutely you can hold it BUT be prepared with papertowels because that is the EXACT moment he will decide to relieve himself. On you. On a shirt you really, really like. Or on your favorite bedsheets like mine did. (Mine didn't do it on YOUR favorite bedsheets, MY did it on MY favorite bedsheets.) They have impeccable timing. And I don't want you to think I am creepy and put my snakes in your bedding. I am not THAT girl. Usually.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #56
Jtmatsumoto
Thanks for all the information everyone!! You guys have been very helpful and I appreciate it so much!

I just had another successful feed with my little and got some pics!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 AM   #57
ravendance
Awww cute!!! Seeing little ones feed never gets old - you have one pretty snake!!

Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #58
Jtmatsumoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravendance View Post
Awww cute!!! Seeing little ones feed never gets old - you have one pretty snake!!

Thank you! I haven't had the chance to see a juvie or adult eat so I can't wait till he grows up. But then I'll probably be saying I miss watching him as a baby lol

Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #59
hypnoctopus
It's one of those grass is always greener things. I love baby snakes, but it's so nice to hold a calm adult.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #60
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
It's one of those grass is always greener things. I love baby snakes, but it's so nice to hold a calm adult.
You know, when I went to Christen's house a few weeks ago it was my FIRST time holding a day old beebee! Man, they ARE cute, but you are right about adults! Scarlett was a year old when I got her from Damon, so I never had the experience of the delicate little missile!

I am excited to get my new ones this year, they will all be the youngest I have ever taken on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google