CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

i must say this is terrible

Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #91
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

Oh, about the mouse tails.... You should notice that the hair on the tails lay in one direction. Cut off a chunk of the thick end, moisten it, then insert it into the mouth of a baby snake so the hairs point outwards. This makes it much more difficult for the snake to spit it up because the hairs will help keep the tail in place within the mouth.
I'm coming to your house for dinner you sound like a very considerate cook.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #92
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If you HAVE to force feed baby corn snakes, use mouse tails or cut off the legs of an adult mouse, skin them, and use those skinned legs. With the legs, when you force (gently, of course) the "elbow" horizontally into the mouth of the baby snake, then turn the leg so that it is perpendicular to the ground. By doing this, when the snake opens it's mouth to try to spit it out, the leg kind of opens wider too, and the snake CAN'T spit it out. So they have no choice but to swallow it.

Oh, about the mouse tails.... You should notice that the hair on the tails lay in one direction. Cut off a chunk of the thick end, moisten it, then insert it into the mouth of a baby snake so the hairs point outwards. This makes it much more difficult for the snake to spit it up because the hairs will help keep the tail in place within the mouth.
Never used mouse legs (and I don't know that I'd be able to skin them!), but when I force fed I used mouse tails. I think it worked really well (better then pinks IMO).

Old 08-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #93
TandJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
I thought that mashed carrots were only used after a regurge, and that raw carrots (sometimes dipped in ranch dressing for extra nutrients) were used for otherwise healthy corns?

Dang, I so such a terrible advice giver Matthew.. Can yuou forgive, I feel relieved you reminded about the vauluable advice..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Old 08-02-2008, 04:07 AM   #94
Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
Thanks Tim for bringing us back on track lol! All this about forced/assist feeding we forgot all about the poor troll! But thats ok as well.

Maybe this is the guy who tried feeding his snake crackers. -_- LOL

When I found this site I thought I was in heaven. I have been here a few years and I have to admit I am not happy with this site...I am ecstatic about it! Its the best!

I recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a new corn, or even to anyone who already owns one. We should all strive to learn something new everyday. To be honest I have only had maybe three negative things happen in my whole three years of being on here. And none of them were overly bad anyways. I have checked out competition sites and they only peaked my interest, at most, for 24 hours.

This is the best corn snake site on the web!

Old 08-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #95
Jay@PJCReptiles
The funny thing is, did you see the OP E-Mail address that Rich was kind enough to post?

karmahateslosers@aim.com

Priceless!!!!
Jay

Old 08-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #96
snakewispera snr
Nice little insight on force/ assist feeding there Rich..... I would rep you but there's no point.. I tried a while back and nothing happens.......(do you still get them)

Old 08-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #97
Chuck12899
ahh lmao....

Old 08-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #98
aameenah
Hey look, ^ if you keep feeding the trolls, they multiply. It's time to cull people.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #99
alan
Wow, this is an amazingly long thread for a loser OP!

Better than being killed, it was turned into good information!

And I just attached MY name to it for no good reason!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #100
patm1313
Ummm..... May I suggest that we go back to cracking down on the OP than each other (ie. snakewispera snr and TripleMoonsExotic)?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google