CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

For New Guy!!!MUST READ

Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
gelshark
pictures always improve things
like - can anyone imagine reading a book without pictures?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Jimmysan00
yes they can, lol. But the care package is reading material not a picture care package, thanks for the thought though.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
Jimmysan00
I just thought of something funny. Your right pictures do help, i could add a link to the photo gallery thread. LOL

Old 09-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
Jimmysan00
wow i see a lot of people have read this thread. I'm not only impressed, but i will admit i'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:21 AM   #15
funnynonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
wow i see a lot of people have read this thread. I'm not only impressed, but i will admit i'm feeling pretty good about myself.
um - okay then?
trying to feel important uh? -

some of us had to read it cause you been linking it to other posts. All the info is already in the forums man - don't get righteous because people read your post.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #16
Jimmysan00
lol umm...okay then. Sorry for feeling good. What is up with all these 22 year olds on here.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
LBoz
You're going to find that on public forums, just as in real life, people will try to knock you down a peg. It's usually the ones that have a need to feel superior for whatever reason. Ignore it.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your post, personally. I frequently link those threads to new people, and all you did was put them all together. No harm in that, right?

Just be sure to use proper forum ettiquette when copying and pasting info that you're finding from books, articles, other forums, etc...that is, be sure to cite your sources and link directly to it so that it doesn't appear that you're trying to plagerize someone else's info.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #18
funnynonsense
Quote:
You're going to find that on public forums, just as in real life, people will try to knock you down a peg. It's usually the ones that have a need to feel superior for whatever reason. Ignore it.
I'ts not LBoz.
I like the idea of this thread.
It just that to me it comes across like the OP's intentions are to push the numbers - up and bump this thread ( posted on his / her own thread 3 times with no response )

I think it was pointed out that this thread had good intention but wasn't necessary.
So why go on like you did something amazing?

Maybe I just don't like people blowing their own trumpet.

I dunno - maybe I'm wrong - but that's my view on it.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #19
Jimmysan00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your post, personally. I frequently link those threads to new people, and all you did was put them all together. No harm in that, right?

Just be sure to use proper forum ettiquette when copying and pasting info that you're finding from books, articles, other forums, etc...that is, be sure to cite your sources and link directly to it so that it doesn't appear that you're trying to plagerize someone else's info.
Thanks LBoz, i thank you and i will for sure put my sources down as well. In this case i think everyone knows the source is CS. I feel i could learn a lot from you. Thanks again.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #20
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
I figured this would be the best place to post this, since i keep that most new guys come on this thread and post, and ask the same questions and a lot of us submit the same type of posts. I call it the CS Care Package
Enjoy the information.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...resheet&page=2
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ht=munson+plan

ALL BROUGHT TO YOU BY www.cornsnakes.com

Been there..done that..

The Duke of urls

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google