CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Im new here

Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
MyCrazyManny
Smile Im new here

I am new to snakes i just bought my first corn snake she will be here tomorrow i cant wait i have been so excited since i bought her from the breeder. she is a Lavender Corn here is her picture

Old 11-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Emily1188
Congrats! I bet you can't wait for her to arrive.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
MyCrazyManny
I cant im so excited im really looking forward to my corn gettng here cause she is so pretty im trying to figure out if i buy a bag of 100 pinkies is it going to be worth it with one snake the ones at petco are alright but i would just think something that is vacumed sealed would be better for her

Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Nanci
She's gorgeous! Do you have a name picked out yet? 100 might be a lot; could you get 50 pinks and 50 fuzzies? (Or even 25 fuzzies and 25 hoppers). Don't forget to let her settle in before you handle or feed her. I wait seven days. You want her as stress-free as possible for her first meal.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
The_Thunderer
Congrats to you and WELCOME!!! Glad to have you with us!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
MyCrazyManny
ya i have her home all set up here it is
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1327672316

ya i was thinking 100 pinkies might be to much I plan to feed her twice a week but even then 100 might be too much. not sure where i could get only 50 pinkies

where are some good places to get pinkies at??

Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
jlindp
Ah, she's gorgeous! I absolutely love Lavenders and all their varieties. Owning a corn is a wonderful experience! Welcome to the boards, as well! :}

Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
jlindp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCrazyManny View Post
ya i have her home all set up here it is
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1327672316

ya i was thinking 100 pinkies might be to much I plan to feed her twice a week but even then 100 might be too much. not sure where i could get only 50 pinkies

where are some good places to get pinkies at??
You should really do a search on this thread for the Munson Plan. It advises to feed every 5-6 days, so twice a week might be much. If she's big enough (16-23 grams), you can feed 2 pinks every 5-6 days, as well. It takes about 3 days for a snake's stomach acids to replenish, so feeding one meal too soon after another will likely cause complications.

Also, I get my stuff locally, but I have ordered from The Big Cheese. They sell packs of 50 pinks. I believe The Mouse Factory does too.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
wstphal
Pretty little snakeling! I am too new to help with the # of pinkies to buy, but I can say order from someone. Petco costs way too much $$ & the pinkies aren't that good looking. There is a thread here on good frozen rodent suppliers. I do think you will need at least 50, though, at 1 every 5 days that will last 8 months, but she will graduate to double pinks during the 8 months so they will get used up quicker.

Folks with more experience can tell us if triple pinks to use up the last few say 1-2 meals) are OK or if you have to move up to fuzzies. I don't know that but I do know folks here can answer that.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #10
MyCrazyManny
ohh her name is Cassandra she is named after the sorceress from scorpion king

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google