CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Slowinski's cornsnake morphs

Old 10-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
blichtenhan
Slowinski's cornsnake morphs

There has been a lot of interest in these snakes over the last 10 years since KJ Lodrigue posted the first pic of his wild caught "Silverleaf" female. A few have been available over the last 10 years, but few and far between.

The only other current morph from these snakes is a "black kisatchie", an anery mutation that showed up in captive born Slowinski's (Kisatchie ratsnakes), in Don Soderbergs collection about 10 years ago.

I read about an albino morph in Europe, but when I followed this up, there was really no documentation that it existed.

Both of these morphs are 100% Kisatchie, they have not been crossed with corn snakes.

Pictured below is the original adult Silverleaf, picture by KJ, and then one of the babies from this year.

This is an old link discussing Kisatchies, with pics of the silverleaf and the black Kisatchie morph.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=104745

Just thought I would throw this out to let people know about the two Kisatchie morphs out there. Does anyone else have either of these morphs currently in their collection? Thanks, Brad Lichtenhan

Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
Dragonling
I saw these on Fauna. SO cool, definitely on my wishlist.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
blichtenhan
Anery silverleaf

Thanks Laura, I agree and think is is a very nice morph. I thought it was the best looking ratsnake I had ever seen when KJ posted that first picture back in 2006.

Here is a pic I posted later on Fauna, a male 2016 anery or "black" silverleaf.....it least I am 95% sure that is what he is. I think he may be the first one produced. I will have to let him get a bit bigger to really analyze his eye color, but right now he looks like he has the eye of a "black kisatchie". Brad Lichtenhan

Old 02-11-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
blichtenhan
2 babies from this year

The anery-silverleaf kisatchie male (2 pics) and then a silverleaf female with really cool head pattern(3 pics). The silverleaf female was very small at hatching, but took right off, though she is still only eating live pinks for me. Thanks, Brad Lichtenhan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google