CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Second feed refused....?

Old 06-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
beyourownspotlight
Second feed refused....?

We adopted Alfie and brought him home on a Friday and the petshop said to offer him food as normal on the Saturday, but be prepared for him to refuse it. So we offered and he refused. No big deal. Then tonight a week later, i thawed another mouse and offered it to him only to have him refuse again. He gets close and then suddenly backs off...?? Any ideas why? Are the mice just bad mice? They dont have a bad smell or anything? And they're completely thawed. I'm using feeding tongs and wiggling the mouse even.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
Corning
Put the thawed mouse in a Tupperware with the snake You can drill breathing holes in the sides that he cannot fit through of course. Leave him in there 2 hrs without interruption. He might just be a shy feeder. You can put him in a dark quiet empty room too. If that doesn't work you can try a live small pinkie the same way. You don't have to wait a whole week to try and feed him again you can try every 2-3 days. Also check the temps in your tank that it it warm enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-25-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
beyourownspotlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
Put the thawed mouse in a Tupperware with the snake You can drill breathing holes in the sides that he cannot fit through of course. Leave him in there 2 hrs without interruption. He might just be a shy feeder. You can put him in a dark quiet empty room too. If that doesn't work you can try a live small pinkie the same way. You don't have to wait a whole week to try and feed him again you can try every 2-3 days. Also check the temps in your tank that it it warm enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He's not on pinkies, he's on jumbo frozen mice, it just seems such a waste to unthaw one every 2-3 days. My tank on the side the heat mat is is 29.7 degrees this morning. I have it set to not go over 30 degrees, so I can't see it being too cold for him tbh.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google