CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Meet "Rufus"

Old 06-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #411
DLena
Oh my gosh, it is! Happy Father's Day to the best corn snake dad ever.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #412
Karl_Mcknight
Confused Snake

I bought Rufus a Large Cave today. He was getting pretty tight in the medium. I also rearranged things a bit to accommodate the new cave. He had 2 Half Logs on opposite ends, I've now put them together to make 1 long hide. I took the top half of his old hide, and placed it on some rocks where one of the half logs used to be.

He has completely crawled over every inch of the cage and even took to the vines to get an aerial view. He must think he's in a new place.

I took these pictures as he was checking everything out. He just looked up at me as if to say, "I recognize you, but this space I'm in doesn't ring a bell."

He's currently curled up inside the new cave, so I guess it's ok with him now.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #413
kdickens
Looks great! I'm sure Rufus thinks it's ok too. Good idea with the 2 half logs! I might have to do that sometime soon as well. I got Loopy another larger hide but he still crams himself into the smaller one. He'll be surprised some day when he finds it gone!

Old 06-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #414
Karl_Mcknight
yeah it amazes me at how much they know and remember. Some folks think snakes are stupid or incapable of learning. Rufus kept inspecting the entrance to his "Old Cave Hide." He knew exactly what it was, he just couldn't figure out why it was now on the opposite side of the cage. He would crawl to where it used to be, turn around and look at it. And then look at me. LOL. He had me laughing for a bit. I think he finally figured it out though. And yes kdickens, I think you are correct. As long as you leave the old one in the cage with Loopy he will probably continue to use it because it's what he is familiar with.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #415
nicolefowler2005
Both of my snakes will come right out when I open the top of the cage! Or if I call to them they will peak their heads out of their hides!! They know my voice and they act completely different when I hold them compared to when someone else does!! They are so much smarter than people give them credit for!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #416
Karl_Mcknight
Say Cheeeeeeeeze.......

There's nothing like the smile on a Happy Corn Snake's face.

But Rufus refuses to say "Cheese"

Old 07-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #417
DLena
Rufus is a happy camper! Are you taking him for fireworks?

Old 07-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #418
DollysMom
He looks so happy, Karl! What a good boy he is.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #419
nicolefowler2005
He's so darn gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #420
Karl_Mcknight
Rufus acting Silly on a Saturday Morning

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google