• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

well you'd be surprised at how many people don't know that baby mice grow on vines and are ripe for the picking by well trained House Snakes

5 days ago, Clyde had his first fuzzy. It was a small one at 3.7 grams, barely larger than a big pinky, but it was still a milestone. Then today, since I had him in the critter keeper while I cleaned his viv, I weighed him. He's 30 grams! I can't believe it. He's getting to be such a big boy. I can still remember when he was only 8 grams.

Sounds like a 'Loopy weight'! I'll have to weigh him again soon though ... his last feeding was 2 reg. size pinkies! I have a few 'small' pinkies left so I'll just hold on to them for emergency use. Here's Clyde relaxing ....

Attachments

• retro-cartoon-fat-snake-37588979.jpg
    retro-cartoon-fat-snake-37588979.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 47
I love that pic, Ken. Clyde did suck that fuzzy right down that's for sure.

If Clyde caught up to Loopy I guarantee you it's temporary. Between a house snake and a corn snake, it's no contest :D

Yum yum

Looks like Clyde has mastered fuzzy eating. Tonight's was 3.7 grams.

rb3vSdgl.jpg

So I'm noticing a pattern here. LOL. He loves to eat in his tree. My question is, do you have to lay the mouse on the leaf, or does he carry it up there all by himself?

So I'm noticing a pattern here. LOL. He loves to eat in his tree. My question is, do you have to lay the mouse on the leaf, or does he carry it up there all by himself?

He comes flying out of his warm hide as soon as I open the lid and he smells mouse. As I lower the mouse in, he strikes and takes it off the tongs. It's typical behavior for his species. The leaf is just a snake holder, lol.

wasn't there a time when he would not take food from you? Or was that Cleo? (Maybe I'm confused) I thought you had to lay the mouse in front of the Hide, turn out the lights and run away. LOL

wasn't there a time when he would not take food from you? Or was that Cleo? (Maybe I'm confused) I thought you had to lay the mouse in front of the Hide, turn out the lights and run away. LOL

Clyde was the lay the mouse in front of the hide, turn out the lights, run away and leave him overnight guy.

Cleo needed the covered deli cup so she couldn't run away from the big old scary dead pinky.

Funny ducks both of them, lol.

Back