CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 06-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #261
DollysMom
Wonderful story, Karl. Ken gave me my morning laugh and you and Rufus gave me my warm fuzzy.

I can't tell a snake lover (or hater) just by looking, that's for sure; but Rufus could! I didn't know even know Rufus drank wine, either .

Speaking of mine, it just so happened that both of my corn snake girls got fed last night, so there are two full tummies and curled up sleeping snakes here this morning. Intellectually, I know some folks don't like them, but in my heart I can't understand it.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #262
Karl_Mcknight
I don't know if you ever take them places or not, but I carry Rufus with me all over.

You'd be surprised how many folks come running up to chat or get a closer look. I've had people tell me they never even touched a snake before ad then they get the courage to rub Rufus on his back.

I would have to say I've encountered way more "Lovers" than "Haters" while out with Rufus, and I think I've even converted a few over to "Our Side."

Old 06-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #263
DollysMom
Mine lead a very sheltered life, Karl. Part of it is our weather which seems to bounce between Alberta and New Orleans. So far my girls get to go to the vet and to the annual Herp society show and tell. Clyde got to go to Reptilefest which is all about educating folks.

Glad to hear that you and Rufus are good will snake ambassadors!

Old 09-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #264
DollysMom
Just posting a few pictures of my sweet girl today. She's doing fine, but she really doesn't sit still for me when I try to get pictures. She's so active when she's out of her enclosure. Today she wrapped herself around my neck and I had a Mandy necklace. She's as patient and gentle as ever. I love her so much!

After she saw pictures of Karl's Rufus today practicing his corn snake knots she decided to try it herself!

Old 09-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #265
Karl_Mcknight
she's a bit longer than Rufus, so she has an advantage at the more complicated knots. There's just not enough Rufus to make a pretzel. We both think that's cool and Rufus wants to know about dipping Mandy in Honey Mustard Sauce. hmmmm...... how does a mouse eater even know about that?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #266
DLena
The Secret Life of Snakes
...like the book Secret Life of Bees...
But so much better!

Old 09-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #267
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
she's a bit longer than Rufus, so she has an advantage at the more complicated knots. There's just not enough Rufus to make a pretzel. We both think that's cool and Rufus wants to know about dipping Mandy in Honey Mustard Sauce. hmmmm...... how does a mouse eater even know about that?
I don't know, Karl. And I guess Rufus is not telling, lol. Yep, she may be able to do more complicated ones, but never forget that she stole the idea from Rufus. She sends all her best to that handsome guy of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
The Secret Life of Snakes
...like the book Secret Life of Bees...
But so much better!
Totally! They never cease to amaze me.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #268
kdickens
Mandy is still looking great! And at her age ... still quite limber! Knots are Knot a problem it appears.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:21 PM   #269
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
Mandy is still looking great! And at her age ... still quite limber! Knots are Knot a problem it appears.
Thanks Ken! She is indeed.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #270
DollysMom
Today was deep clean day of Mandy's house. She was a little restless in her ventilated sweater box waiting for me to get done, but she did burrow under the clean cotton cloth I had in there for her.

When I had it all reassembled, I held her for a while and told her what a precious, good girl she is. I waited to make sure everything was totally dry before letting her go back home. I checked and put her back in her Mandy house. Then I watched as she proceeded to poke and slither into every corner as if to take full possession again. No corner and no hide was left unexplored. She was so cute. I never get tired of watching her. I truly am in awe and wonder of this beautiful, quiet, and gentle animal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google