CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

What To Do About AJ

Old 06-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #11
SerpentLady4
He came from SMR it was in the 80's there in Texas but when he got here in IL it was 40's the cold snap probably triggered it along with stress from shipping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #12
SerpentLady4
Plus I think Don keeps all the babies of together in a hatchery

Old 06-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
Zombiegirl
You think? Or you know? Don't assume. Have you talked to him about this? When I bought my snake from him he was more than accommodating answering any questions I had.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #14
SerpentLady4
Yes I have he paid me for the first vet bill but wouldn't reimburse me for the snake or take the snake back

Old 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #15
Shiari
Don is particularly good people, so I doubt you're giving us the full story here.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #16
Zombiegirl
Quote:
Don is particularly good people, so I doubt you're giving us the full story here.
So much this...

Old 06-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #17
crackerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentLady4 View Post
Yes I have he paid me for the first vet bill but wouldn't reimburse me for the snake or take the snake back
That is not how it went down.
I'm going to be kind and say you have a selective memory rather than call you an outright liar.
Keep in mind you don't need drama to be a contributing part of the hobby.

Terri

Old 06-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #18
SODERBERGD
Jennifer, for obvious reasons I'm not going to put one more minute into trying to help you, since you insist on keeping your corns at 86F+ temps. You already know what I have done to financially compensate you, and the offer I made to send the snake back to me at my expense (including travel expenses and time to and from your Vet and FedEx). I don't know what a hatchery is, but we incubate all of our eggs in a building away from all the other snakes. I call that building the NURSERY because it's mostly hatchlings and young grow-ups. It's a constant 82.5F (plus or minus one degreeF) 24/7 and the snakes thrive.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #19
SerpentLady4
Look you are saying that my vet who has owned snakes all his life and has been a reptile vet for 20+ years doesn't know what he is doing. I have read and other people have said if a snake has a RI to raise the basking temperature. The temperature on the warm side has been a constant 82.5 but they are always in their cool area. I spoke to him about a culture but he thought that wouldn't be prevalent cause he says in his experience there many bacteria out there that is resilient to Fortaz and the nasal antibiotic. So till both are done a follow up can't be scheduled. He is also thinking that AJ might have had trauma done that damaged his nose

Old 06-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #20
SODERBERGD
Vet

To me, Jennifer, this was never about your vet. I have no way of knowing if he's good with reptiles or not. Just like an auto mechanic, you trusting him is all that matters in a relationship with a vet. I never challenged him. I just ask for lab data and you never provided it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google