CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

7 year old is refusing to eat (yes I've read the stickies)

Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
xStaticSnow
Oh also the old owner did not have any other snakes. She was a 16 years old and kept him strictly as a pet. She told me he was male, but seeing as she bought him from a local pet store (which had a terrible reputation and is now shut down) about 6 years ago, I really don't know if he is male or female. Since she told me he was male I'm assuming the snake has not laid eggs in its entire life. At this point I'm hoping he is in fact male and maybe is just going through a breeding season fast

Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
carol
I wouldn't try live fuzzies unless you were desperate. Live fuzzies can't hurt him but could reinforce his preference for live. One other thing to check is to ask the old owner how she thawed. If she thawed in water and you don't or vice versa it could be throwing him off.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
visceralrepulsion
it sounds like youre doing everything accordingly, and im sorry youre still not getting any results. it may very well be breeding mode causing the fast. my male corn just went 127 days without eating. i tried every week, then was told to try less often, like every 2 weeks, so not to stress out my snake, and to encourage him to eat when food does come around. he finally accepted a mouse and is basically back to his normal eating schedule now. if you can get a can of chicken broth, or tuna juice, try that. i know money is an issue, but you can get a can of tuna or broth for under a dollar. many people have really good results with that method. good luck =\.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
skinny