• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How To Pack Snakes For Shipping

Tape the box securely and stick the air bill envelope to the top of the box. I add another Perishable sticker on the top. There is no need to punch air holes in the box, and this would weaken the structural integrity.

Attachments

• Shipping 027.jpg
    Shipping 027.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 238
Here is the finished box. I like to leave packing until the late afternoon, and I like to drop the box off in the last hour or two that FedEx is open. The more severe the temps are, the later the drop off.

Attachments

• Shipping 028.jpg
    Shipping 028.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 238
Wow, that is super informative! If I ever need to ship a snake, I'll definitely be re-reviewing this!

How much do the supplies generally cost you and where do you get them?

I get most of my supplies- boxes, bags, delis, heat packs, cool packs, from Superior Shipping. If you are on their e-mail list, they have sales and free shipping frequently.

I get my Phase Change Material (PCM) packs from TCP Reliable. They are a brand called Cryopak. Donna Swisher is my contact. They have started offering a reptile shipping set, but I haven't checked into it yet. It's nice that they are responsive to our community, though.

I save up peanuts from items I order by mail.

I haven't added up how much a complete box with one or two PCMs, etc., adds up to. Hopefully less than $10!

Back