• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corns in Florida

Twolunger

I'm not sure why, but people are selling out whole Ball Python collections in my area and now I see ads looking for corn snakes. I am not sure if the Ball Python craze has run its course, or the cost of buying rodents has caught up with everyone. I do know the cost of the higher end Balls has dwindled, and people are just getting rid of beautiful snakes. I don't want any, but it sure makes it easier to sell my corns when necessary.

This is happening here too. Terrible example but, Craigslist is littered with Balls of various morphs and so was a FB group I was in. Makes me want to snatch them all up.

I saw one ad that stated that if you buy the 10 container rack system you get the 10 pythons free. Once in a while I see an ad where someone is looking for a good home for a corn or two, but giving away 10 pythons is sad. I hope people down here don't start turning them loose.

I saw one ad that stated that if you buy the 10 container rack system you get the 10 pythons free. Once in a while I see an ad where someone is looking for a good home for a corn or two, but giving away 10 pythons is sad. I hope people down here don't start turning them loose.

10 pythons free?! What a joke :eek:k_01:

I'll bet those attempting to sell balls don't appreciate the ads. Just this month I've seen ads listing ball pythons that read " all must go, make me an offer, getting out of snakes, free python going back to school, can't care for my pythons anymore, etc." I can imagine the rodent costs are quite high when feeding pythons.

I'm hearing about more and more people trying to get in on the Asian colubrid market especially. Eventually that will dry up and some US breeders will be selling off high-end corn collections for cheap. :/ I've already seen quite a lot of good quality overseas, better than anything I've seen here. And it's a lot harder to bring stuff back from China.

Back