CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Happy New Year 2019

Old 01-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Rich Z
Happy New Year 2019

Happy New Year to the handful of members who still come to this site!

Old 01-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
mcnann_fam
Happy 2019 to you and your wife as well.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
Twolunger
Happy New Year!! I'm back cleaning snake containers again. The dates changed but the work never ends. LOL.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
GeneticsWizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Happy New Year to the handful of members who still come to this site!

I'm a new member, admittedly, but I do still come here almost every day.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
pitzMike
Happy New Year!! I checked the Forum Statistics and im pretty much surprised that the most number of visitor was December 2018! It just means that people still visit this site!

Old 01-02-2019, 03:20 AM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitzMike View Post
Happy New Year!! I checked the Forum Statistics and im pretty much surprised that the most number of visitor was December 2018! It just means that people still visit this site!
Actually, no, that really can't be accurate at all. There is just no way at all that 4,683 REAL people came to this site on 12-12-2018. Perhaps some spambot went haywire or something. Or perhaps just some glitch in the message board software.

I've seen spikes like this on FaunaClassifieds as well. For instance it is now showing 11,689 visitors on 10-04-2016, which I can assure you never really happened.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
Zincubus
Quote:
Actually, no, that really can't be accurate at all. There is just no way at all that 4,683 REAL people came to this site on 12-12-2018. Perhaps some spambot went haywire or something. Or perhaps just some glitch in the message board software.

I've seen spikes like this on FaunaClassifieds as well. For instance it is now showing 11,689 visitors on 10-04-2016, which I can assure you never really happened.

Yep these weird spikes in traffic are happening to other reptile forums as well .. it's apparently a tool used by the site owners to add 'fake' traffic and members to greatly increase the value of the site .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-03-2019, 12:41 AM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Yep these weird spikes in traffic are happening to other reptile forums as well .. it's apparently a tool used by the site owners to add 'fake' traffic and members to greatly increase the value of the site .

Well, that certainly isn't the case with my sites. I've never felt the need nor desire to try to fake statistics like that. I'm much more interested in the true picture they paint about what is going on.

Are a bunch of people trying to sell their sites? I would think the market is pretty soft for websites these days.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:08 AM   #9
Zincubus
Quote:
Well, that certainly isn't the case with my sites. I've never felt the need nor desire to try to fake statistics like that. I'm much more interested in the true picture they paint about what is going on.

Are a bunch of people trying to sell their sites? I would think the market is pretty soft for websites these days.

I understand they're popular for advertisers... so they're tempted by traffic /numbers ...

There was one reptile forum just a few months ago ( one that was struggling but was still bought out - by foreign owners )

Anyways who went through a phase .. starting fairly slowly

Old 01-03-2019, 01:19 AM   #10
Zincubus
I'm not allowed to edit for some reason ..

..continued ... went through a phase where the number of news threads and new MEMBERS steadily grew and grew until the new numbers were quite ridiculous.

A forum having about 30 posts a day was getting 300 posts per day and maybe 50 BRAND NEW members overnight - every night !

95% of the new threads were people having ridiculous issues and were clearly bogus threads .

Topics including arguing you didn't need stats for ceramics , snake and lizard cohabitation, feeding strange mammals to snakes , depressed geckos .. you try and think of something ridiculous and there was a new thread about if .

Anyways these new members and seemingly much traffic meant more and more advertisers ..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google