CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
Tula_Montage
Thanks... Hes in a completely different house to my other boids so theres no chance of cross contamination.

Heres some more info from the vet.

"in that case the swelling sounds like parrasites that eat the gut wall... if its been in cold conditions for 8/9 months not eating his immune system will be weak"

"I think even 4 weks ago when you did try baytril it was probably too late"

" it's already dead, put it out of its misery"

Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #12
Rich in KY
What a sad day

Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
"I think even 4 weks ago when you did try baytril it was probably too late"

" it's already dead, put it out of its misery"
Let us know what happens, but I would still love to see a necropsy done. I am very curious what was the cause of this and how bad his insides are.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #14
Pruddock
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
If he does pass away, please and I do mean please get a necropsy done ASAP. You really should find out what is causing this. Please, you have some wonderful boids in your collection and I would be afraid that this might be passed along to them. So wash and sanitize hands and everything you touch for the next month.
Completely agreed! You have some amazing snakes in you collection and I know all of us want to see them continue to stay beautiful and healthy

Elle, I'm so sorry to see how bad this guy has gotten. You've done an awesome job trying to bring him back to good health and I don't think any of us could have done any better for him. I'm sorry to see that he's gone downhill like this, and I know its probably heart breaking for you. I wish you the best and hope that you beat the odds with Windsor!

**Wow ya'll posted quick lol this was supposed to be a few more up there when I started typing lol. Glad to hear you keep them separated from him.**

Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #15
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
Let us know what happens, but I would still love to see a necropsy done. I am very curious what was the cause of this and how bad his insides are.
I will deffinatley do that, and we can get to the bottom of this.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
diamondlil
Sorry about the suffering, Elle. What did you mean about him being in 'cold conditions' though?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #17
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Sorry about the suffering, Elle. What did you mean about him being in 'cold conditions' though?
It was just an "IF" from the vet...

Of course theres no solid diagnosis until he is seen personally by my herp vet... if he makes it.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #18
Nanci
Well, it isn't over till it's over. Don't give up on him. I got my box turtle through pneumonia. Coughing blood is dramatic, but there are a lot of fragile blood vessels in the nose and mouth which bleed easily and can make things look much worse than they are. Maybe you will be lucky and he has just had a nose bleed for some reason. Hoping for the best tomorrow...

Nanci

Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #19
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, it isn't over till it's over. Don't give up on him. I got my box turtle through pneumonia. Coughing blood is dramatic, but there are a lot of fragile blood vessels in the nose and mouth which bleed easily and can make things look much worse than they are. Maybe you will be lucky and he has just had a nose bleed for some reason. Hoping for the best tomorrow...

Nanci
Thank you Nanci. Theres no way I am giving up on him. But if he doesn't make it through the night I will not be upset... at least he would be out of his misery.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #20
Roy Munson
Aw, Elle. Since I come to YOU for boid advice, you know I can't be of any help. But I'm really hoping that somehow either Windsor pulls through, or that he passes peacefully.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google