CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Snake Nicknames

Old 02-02-2007, 02:01 AM   #11
Plissken
Great thread!

Connor is often called Connorling, Rocky or The Destroyer.
Chester I nearly always call Chaz or Chazzy

And all my animals get the old "pet names" - you know the sort of thing - they are all honey, love, mate, etc

Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 AM   #12
diamondlil
Thanks to Vanina, Diamond Lil is the 'finger sausage snake' and Mr William H Bonney is aka 'Killa' from his bitey stage. My 'okeetee' Nellie gets called 'normal' until she gets some brighter colours

Old 02-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #13
SnakeAround
I call the cute ones darling (schatje in Dutch) or sweetiepie, or just boy or girl. When one gets defensive I add 'nasty'.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #14
Mrs InsaneOne
Well, we have a few that have nicknames, some related to personality and some just shorter/cuter versions of their name. Collectively they all get called the kids, the family jewels, or just simply the critters. Depends on who were talkin to and whether we really want them to know who we're talking about! lol...

I also refer to hatchlings or small snakes as baby, sweetie, or little $#!& depending on if he/she is cooperating. Some of our favorite girls get called baby as well while the favorite boys get called handsome.

Some individual nicks:

Sediment (an 06 vanishing stripe male) frequently referred to as 'Knot-Boy' because he literally ties himself into knots during feedings. I need to get some pics of this and hopefully will get some nice ones with the new cam.

Jane (our oldest's 06 Albino Nelsons Milk) is fondly referred to as Jane the Pain.

Zircon (06 hypo male) Is called Zerk the Jerk - he's nice as can be, but the name rhymes. lol...

Tourmaline (06 motley lavender) is called the Vowel Girl, because her name uses all the vowels. My daughter dubbed her this...

Sunstone (the EVIL rootbeer) is refered to as Bratstone, Bumstone, and another name for a female dog or your mother-in-law, which ever works...

And the one that are just shortened names:

Leucite - Lucy
Nepheline - Nephy
Sandstone - Sandy
Mercury - Merk or Merkman

And the most embarassing nickname: Pearly-poo given to our first snake.

As I sit here thinking about how I think of the snakes, and think back on all the times I've actually 'talked' to the snakes. I realize that I REALLY need to get out of the house more. Is it bad when you tell a snake to 'sit' or 'stay' during a photoshoot and expect it to obey???

Jenn *concerned about unstable mental health*

Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
kev1144
Aislinn is Aislinn Bee
Tiernan is Little Man

Man I'm boring with the nicknames...I think I'll name my next one Pizza Breast Santa or PBS for short because everyone likes one of those things

Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #16
stragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs InsaneOne
Sediment (an 06 vanishing stripe male) frequently referred to as 'Knot-Boy' because he literally ties himself into knots during feedings. I need to get some pics of this and hopefully will get some nice ones with the new cam.
I didnt think snakes could do this! I thought they had some natural instinct which stopped them tying themselves in knots! I'd love to see the pics!

My nicknames arent really nicknames cos they are longer than my snakes name - Smij.

I call him Smijeroo(not when anyone else is listening! LOL) or Little Snakey Dude...

Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #17
jennrosefx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeNbake
My next snake will be named' Sninja'.. He will be a stealth assassin of doom.

That makes me happy.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #18
jennrosefx
"Pickle Bunny"- I call him "Pound Puppy" sometimes...since, well...that's what he is!

"Worm"- "Tough Guy", "Cobra Head", "Google Brain"....the list just goes on and on, really.

"Pumpkin"- Not a whole lot. She get's an occasional "princess" or "pretty girl".

Old 02-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #19
Shade
I call Leviathan, my RTB 'Jackass' because well, he is one. Sometimes I refer to my cornsnake as worm or little bit, because it's so much smaller than Leviathan by comparison. The corn doesn't actually even have an official name yet, as I've not found one that I really like.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #20
Phaedra
I have no particular name for Elektra, I just call her "precious" or sometimes "missy" when she tries to sneakily get away from me. Alkinoos I call Kee, because nobody can go through life being called Alkinoos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google