• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Late season breeding

GitaBooks

So this year, with everything going on, our male and female didn't get put together at their usual time (March). However, they started acting like they wanted to be together in May and we decided to give it a try. They seemed interested in each other (we've never seen them breed but they have produced viable eggs in the past). We just separated them and Jack didn't eat afterwards (typical for him during the breeding season) and Jill only ate one mouse (also typical for her around the breeding season). I'm wondering, is it possible she could produce viable eggs despite the late timing? They are acting like they normally do around the breeding season, and I know Corn Snakes can breed more than once a year (so must be able to breed later in the season).

So apparently it worked! Jill laid 30 eggs today! Poor thing is exhausted and has lost so much weight. Hopefully a few good meals and some rest will get her back to her healthy self.

Thanks! It's her biggest clutch so far. I think she had 26 last year.

I'm a little worried because it looks like she could have one more in her, but she was willing to eat so I thought I would give her a little more time.

Back