CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

new snow feeding question

Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
khaleah
new snow feeding question

I got a new snow yesterday morning which was her normal feeding day. I asked them what she was eating they said pinkys but I fed her at first she was super jumpy which is normal after eating which was normal since I just got her n she bit me cause she was scared but then she calmed down turned n came to my hand n mouthed my finger. I can barely see the bump from the 1st pinky should I feed her anouther n just bump her up next week to a fuzzy. She's almost 2x as thick as my other 2. Please help

Old 06-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
starsevol
I am sorry, I have no idea what you are asking.

But I do know that if you only got her yesterday, you should not be feeding her or handling her at all. She needs time to get used to her new home without any stress at all.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
bitsy
Quote:
I can barely see the bump from the 1st pinky should I feed her anouther n just bump her up next week to a fuzzy
As a new arrival, I would stick to the food she's used to for the first month, to make sure that she's comfortable. There's no rush to increase her food size. A Corn can go for weeks or months without food in the wild with no harm, so feeding a slightly smaller item for a few weeks will cause no problems at all.

But now it would be best to leave her completely alone for a week with no handling or feeding, to settle in. The last thing you need is a new arrival with a regurge problem.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Paddy
agreed leave her alone for a week to get settled in and not provoke any stress.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
AliCat37
I'm also not too sure what the question was, proper grammar can help a lot with future questions.
My guess is that (one)- she was biting you because she is very very stressed out from the move and then being fed on the same day.
(Two)- Follow Nanci's advice.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
(Two)- Follow Nanci's advice.
I like to let Bitsy speak for me! :-)

Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I like to let Bitsy speak for me! :-)
Woah! I clearly am not awake yet xD

Old 06-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
bitsy
I'm honoured to be muddled up with Nanci!!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
khaleah
Sorry about the grammer. Kind of hard on my phone to get the typing right. The only reason I fed her the day after getting her was that when I was feeding my other 2. I guess she smelled the food n was trying extremely hard to get out. So I had let her climb out n into the feeding box n fed her one pinky. Instead of just letting her go from the box to her tank I tried to pick her up. So her striking at me was my own fault. Just struck me as odd that she would come over to my hand n mouth my finger n acting like she was still hungery. I know that I should have just let her sit for 48 hours to a week but it was just to hard to watch her smash her face into the tank lid over n over again. Kind of acting like a small child who thinks he was starving. And BTW no regurgitation n hasn't smashed her face into the lid since. But thank u for all of the comments n I shall keep her on the pinkys for anouther month. N then bump her to fuzzys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google