CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anery with no yellow

Old 02-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
67temp
Anery with no yellow

Recently on the podcast "from the ground up" there was a mention about a debate at a reptile show where an old timer said a snake wasn't an anery because it had yellow. I've always heard that anery's show much more yellow than charcoals do. So for you old timers... Was there ever a time when anery's didn't display yellow in the throat area when they got mature?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
Dragonling
How old was this "old timer" and did he also work with some other species with myriad morphs to remember? We've all seen ball breeders who can name any BP morph in their collection on sight but struggle with basic corn morphs. I assume he mistook it for Charcoal. Even then, that's no longer necessarily true.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
chris68
Ive never seen an adult that didn't have some, and "some" could be almost none. One of my Tequila Sunrise line anery adults had "just a touch". It was there, but you had to look.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
How old was this "old timer" and did he also work with some other species with myriad morphs to remember? We've all seen ball breeders who can name any BP morph in their collection on sight but struggle with basic corn morphs. I assume he mistook it for Charcoal. Even then, that's no longer necessarily true.
It was probably just someone that had no clue what they were talking about.

I've got anery's and charcoals with varying amounts of yellow. Some of my anery's have no yellow even visible.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
Twolunger
Speaking for all the oldtimers, don't say "never," just "usually." All my anerys over the years had some degree of yellow. But when charcoal was added to the line the yellow all but disappeared in later generations.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Recently on the podcast "from the ground up" there was a mention about a debate at a reptile show where an old timer said a snake wasn't an anery because it had yellow. I've always heard that anery's show much more yellow than charcoals do. So for you old timers... Was there ever a time when anery's didn't display yellow in the throat area when they got mature?
To answer your question, YES. I have produced some in the past. Trying to get some of my memory cells percolating to remember what line they came out of. I probably posted that info somewhere on here, but obviously it was a long time ago.

Not having much luck remembering, and can't find anything so far doing a search. But I did find this pic of an Anerythristic from someone else that sure does look like it lacks any trace of yellow. At least viewing it on my screen.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...stic#post66483

Old 02-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #7
Rich Z
Ah, I found it!

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...tic#post131011

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google