CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corns in Florida

Old 12-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Twolunger
Smile Corns in Florida

I'm not sure why, but people are selling out whole Ball Python collections in my area and now I see ads looking for corn snakes. I am not sure if the Ball Python craze has run its course, or the cost of buying rodents has caught up with everyone. I do know the cost of the higher end Balls has dwindled, and people are just getting rid of beautiful snakes. I don't want any, but it sure makes it easier to sell my corns when necessary.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
mcnann_fam
This is happening here too. Terrible example but, Craigslist is littered with Balls of various morphs and so was a FB group I was in. Makes me want to snatch them all up.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
Twolunger
I saw one ad that stated that if you buy the 10 container rack system you get the 10 pythons free. Once in a while I see an ad where someone is looking for a good home for a corn or two, but giving away 10 pythons is sad. I hope people down here don't start turning them loose.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
Dlost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I saw one ad that stated that if you buy the 10 container rack system you get the 10 pythons free. Once in a while I see an ad where someone is looking for a good home for a corn or two, but giving away 10 pythons is sad. I hope people down here don't start turning them loose.
10 pythons free?! What a joke

Old 12-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Twolunger
I'll bet those attempting to sell balls don't appreciate the ads. Just this month I've seen ads listing ball pythons that read " all must go, make me an offer, getting out of snakes, free python going back to school, can't care for my pythons anymore, etc." I can imagine the rodent costs are quite high when feeding pythons.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Dragonling
I'm hearing about more and more people trying to get in on the Asian colubrid market especially. Eventually that will dry up and some US breeders will be selling off high-end corn collections for cheap. :/ I've already seen quite a lot of good quality overseas, better than anything I've seen here. And it's a lot harder to bring stuff back from China.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google