• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling Tank Size

DanaP

I'll be getting a hatchling (hopefully a caramel or abbott) on August 15 from Scott Smith's All Animal Expo in Illinois http://www.allanimalexpo.com/

I already have a 10 gallon aquarium, that did at once hold fish. Of course I will be getting a screen and screen clips. Is a 10 gallon with 2 hides enough for a hatchling?

More than enough space, you might actually want to put more hides in that 10G if a hatchling is going to live in it. Hides can be really cheap. For example, cut a TP tube in half the long way. Instantly you have two half-log hides the right size for babies.

More than enough space, you might actually want to put more hides in that 10G if a hatchling is going to live in it. Hides can be really cheap. For example, cut a TP tube in half the long way. Instantly you have two half-log hides the right size for babies.

Do you have any other creative ideas? I've been going to thrift stores looking for interesting water dishes/hides/props for photos.

Oh yea! Cheap fabric flowers make hides, decorations, etc. Plastic coffee cans (for bigger snakes). Tupperware. Flower pots -- use a Dremel to enlarge the drain hole, turn upside down & voila!. The round paper containers real oatmeal comes in (for bigger snakes).

Cheap lead free food bowls = water bowls, get at the dollar store, Walmart, etc.

Sculpey clay can be used to make things. Hardwood branches from nature can be soaked & baked to kill everything then used as climbing toys.

Shall I go on?

Sculpey clay can be used to make things. Hardwood branches from nature can be soaked & baked to kill everything then used as climbing toys.

Shall I go on?

You could lol. I'm a college student and the less expensive things are the better. But I also want to make sure that the items are safe for the animal.

You could lol. I'm a college student and the less expensive things are the better. But I also want to make sure that the items are safe for the animal.

I am pretty careful. I didn't put down anything I wouldn't use.

Back