CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Snake in a Box, FedEx had a gift for me today :)

Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
Ahmad Rahim
What a beauty!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
solo1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
Yep, Walter was very patient with me.

This is my first snake so Im pretty excited.

It has taken about an hour and a half of exploring but he has taken to hiding somewhere in his enclosure, and not in either hide. Prob in the substrate somewhere.
You may notice him cruising around some more in the early evening. I had a couple of girls arrive yesterday morning, set them up in their new homes at lunch time when I went home, and by evening they were on the prowl!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #13
Merovingian
He has poked his head out a few times and then gone back. Seems to like the cool side of the enclosure at the moment, or just prefers that hide.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
MysticExotics
Congrats on your new baby! Very pretty!
I have several snakes from Walter, & more on the way.

He has great quality snakes & I have been more than happy with each & every one I have from him!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 PM   #15
Merovingian
Fed him for the first time tonight. I think I scared the hell out of him trying to pick him up for the first time. I had heard that feeding them in a separate container makes them less aggressive in their enclosure so I opted to try that.

Quick little guy, and good at hiding when he wants to

Didnt musk me, and I made a point not to handle him for long, about a minute. Then put him in a medium tuperware with the pinkie... poor guy was scared to death and just balled up.

So I put him back in his enclosure and put the pinkie on the ground about 3 inches from the opening of the hide he was in.

He stared at it for about an hour, then finally decided he would eat it... I was worried it was too big!

He spent about 5 minutes (Long 5 min to me!) getting the little pinkie down and finally headed to the bottom of the warm side of the enclosure with just his head poking out.

Drama Drama Drama... lol

Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #16
niki_g
Very pretty little guy you have there! Feeding them in a separate container also avoids intake of substrates, which can cause impaction. When I first took my snake out and put her in the feeding tank, she balled right up as well. I threw a towel over the feeding tank for awhile and she felt more comfortable and ate. Maybe you could try that next time?

I remember the first couple of feedings were nerve racking. The mouse looks huge in comparison to the tiny little hatchling head!

BTW, what type of substrate are you using? Is that the dyed black aspen? I've been looking for a darker substrate and your viv looks very pretty with that substrate. My snow is very hard to see on the aspen, sure you thought of that with the ghost.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #17
Dzerp
congrats on your new baby that is a great looking snake

Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #18
Merovingian
Quote:
Originally Posted by niki_g View Post
Very pretty little guy you have there! Feeding them in a separate container also avoids intake of substrates, which can cause impaction. When I first took my snake out and put her in the feeding tank, she balled right up as well. I threw a towel over the feeding tank for awhile and she felt more comfortable and ate. Maybe you could try that next time?

I remember the first couple of feedings were nerve racking. The mouse looks huge in comparison to the tiny little hatchling head!

BTW, what type of substrate are you using? Is that the dyed black aspen? I've been looking for a darker substrate and your viv looks very pretty with that substrate. My snow is very hard to see on the aspen, sure you thought of that with the ghost.
Yea, I will change back to a separate container once I get a couple feedings in him I think. I was just nervous he wouldnt eat.

Yes, it is standard Aspen Bedding just tinted black, it was $2 more than the white stuff and says it is just as safe for the snake. I like it

Old 08-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
Merovingian
2nd Feeding today, he wouldnt eat it with me still holding it (with tweezers) but he was certainly interested in it. Placed it on a large flat piece of aspen substrate as a kind of plate, and he started eating it within 5 min.

He did get a little piece of substrate caught on the side of his mouth, I watched him try and work it free for about 2 min. I really wanted to help him, but I thought he might regurgitate his meal if I bothered him. He eventually worked it free and is a fat happy camper now

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
ghost stripe, hatchling