• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not a fan of Faunariums or anything as such

Hello

Im totally new with snakes meaning that even tho ive never own one ive always wanted it an ive researched about them enough to decide that im going for a corn snake. The thing is that in my experience with reptiles, ive always managed with the kind herps that like it the bigger the better (as iguanas and chameleons) and it feels very weird to me to "stack" my pets in boxes as i always like to make it feel like home for them. I was wondering if i could use one of these instead or something like it for a hatchling.
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/4991-exo-terra-12-x-12-x-18-glass-terrarium

Thank you so much and sorry for my english.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your choice of a corn snake!

What you have pictured is not the best choice for housing a corn snake. Something approximately 75 centimeters long, 30 centimeters wide, and 30 centimeters tall, made of glass, like a fish tank with a secure screen lid, would be a better choice. It would be difficult to set up proper under tank heating in what you have pictured because you need enough floor space to have a warm end and a cool end. I'm not sure what is available where you live, but something like I have described could house most corn snakes for their entire lives.

Many here use something like I just described and make the tank very pretty with hides, water bowl, silk or plastic plants or vines, sticks to climb, and a snake safe substrate.

Best wishes. Keep asking questions and you will get more answers and ideas.

Thank you so much for your answers Dahliasmom2012 and DollysMom, I will then look for another aquarium, the thing is that this one was so cool tho lol. I'll be using aspen as substrate and i will look for as many caves to make Rumpelstilsnkin house his dream house. :D

Thank you so much for your answers Dahliasmom2012 and DollysMom, I will then look for another aquarium, the thing is that this one was so cool tho lol. I'll be using aspen as substrate and i will look for as many caves to make Rumpelstilsnkin house his dream house. :D

That sounds great. Rumplestilskin is a cute name.

I use aspen and my snake loves it.

Congrats for your step toward a snake. They are wonderful animals.

I think the worst point in a small glass faunarium is it's very expensive and your snake will need a bigger one some time, so as hatchlings people usually use RUB (or transparent plastic boxes with lid), plastic shoe boxes or the plastic faunariums by Exo Terra, ZooMed, or whatever you have in your contry.
For an adult, what DollysMom said is the path to go.

Back