CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

January in Florida.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #41
tsst
One for Rich and Nanci.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #42
Rich Z
Took some video yesterday of the ice pellets and sleet. Probably not real impressive looking to people up north, I guess. But this was an UGLY DAY for Florida, in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #43
Nanci
If we got that much in Gainesville people would be flipping out!!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #44
Tara80
RE: global warming.

So many people are crying global warming about this *specific* event that I'm sick of seeing it.

This is NOT caused by global warming but more appropriately, our sun has had the lowest solar activity that our population has recorded (or ever seen) and this is the effect. Our sun goes through a cyclic pattern that affects our weather and environment tremendously (you can research this) which may, in fact, possibly even cause a minor ice age.

I am not saying global warming isn't real, I've written research papers for Chemistry on it in college, focusing on emissions and bonding (or lack there of). But it's not as big of a cause for catastrophe as is being subject to a greater and volatile solar system/galaxy/universe, which could - for all intents and purposes, eradicate the entire planet on a whim.

http://www.space.com/23934-weak-sola...e-weather.html

Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #45
Rich Z
Yeah, I find it amazing how people can come up with all sorts of novel reasons how global warming can cause widespread cooling. I read one somewhere that "scientists" were claiming that the oceans were absorbing the warming somehow to produce the cooling effect. Seriously, I wish I had had their knack for improvisation when I was trying to come up with excuses in high school about why my homework wasn't done.

I can accept that the earth could be getting warmer, perhaps even on a global scale. But that human beings are the cause of it? Well, I haven't seen a sales pitch for that which I would consider buying.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #46
rich333
Rich,

Thought you'd like to see this.

Taken By Me...Right here In ohio...In front of my computer. This is a clump of snow from outside....

I'll let you & other Viewers Judge for yourselves.......

And for comparison.....

And Finally....A Pic of the Burnt SnowBall?? Lol!

Old 01-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #47
Rich Z

Beats the heck out of me. But I'm guessing you are going to have a heck of a mess if that stuff doesn't melt by springtime.

I guess it could be worse, though. Suppose it were flammable?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #48
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

Beats the heck out of me. But I'm guessing you are going to have a heck of a mess if that stuff doesn't melt by springtime.

I guess it could be worse, though. Suppose it were flammable?
Rich,

LOL!!! Yeah that would be something!

It doesn't melt... It seems to evaporate.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #49
Rich Z
If it were me, I would put some in a container and store it in the freezer, just for the heck of it. Then also put some in a clear bottle and keep it at room temperature to see if there is any water there when it melts. If not, I would be REAL curious about the gas content that remained after it evaporated.

Cotton candy snow? Wonder how widespread this is? Seems people would notice that when the snow melted there would be no water remaining on the roads and sidewalks.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #50
daddio207
Hey Rich
It's going to be 45 degrees here today !!!!
So I thought I'd open the curtains to the back deck and enjoy the view

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google