CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression Thread - Levi the Snow

Old 09-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #61
Dragonling
Having had to first give injections then oral medication to one of my snakes, I've gotten used to properly restraining them pretty quickly, and I can say it's been a useful skill to acquire. It can be difficult with a very defensive snake, but none of my more placid corns (all but Felicity and Emori) have ever seemed upset by it once released. It's like their thought process is, "Oops, I got stuck!" instead of, "You held me!!" Even my feistier hatchlings seem to almost calm down a bit, as though they're so happy to be alive after the fact that they no longer care if a big scary pinkish monster is holding them.

I went to look for a video guide to help, but so many are just awful. This is probably the best I found, because it demonstrates two different grips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOVd-wotQNA

Old 09-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #62
cinnabunbun
Got it out today! Looks like a very very small flake of aspen got caught between her lips. It was laying flat along her mouth. She's doing okay now, hiding away until she plans on shedding as she cleared up last night.

Thanks for all the suggestions and great video Dragonling!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #63
DollysMom
Glad you got it out and she can now shed in peace!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #64
cinnabunbun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Glad you got it out and she can now shed in peace!
Just got home from a haircut, and found this!

"i did somethin'"

Most recent to the oldest. A perfect one this time~

(at least she didn't shed in pieces ahaha.. I'll see myself out now.)

Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #65
DollysMom
Awesome

Old 09-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #66
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabunbun View Post
Got it out today! Looks like a very very small flake of aspen got caught between her lips. It was laying flat along her mouth. She's doing okay now, hiding away until she plans on shedding as she cleared up last night.

Thanks for all the suggestions and great video Dragonling!
I KNEW you could do it!!! See? Wasn't so bad, was it? (Actually, if it were my little sneaky one I might be acting like a nun in a cucumber patch, so no judgements here! Just wanted to say, "CONGRATS," as that little piece of aspen could have resulted in a nasty infection if it stayed where it was long enough!).

Didn't know Levi had LIPS, but I guess that's what they ARE!!

Thanx for the update!!

Old 09-04-2016, 03:05 AM   #67
Hikari
He's so cute just poking his little head out of his hide like that. I love when they do that!

Old 09-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #68
cinnabunbun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
He's so cute just poking his little head out of his hide like that. I love when they do that!
Hehe thank you n_n; and I wish I can edit my old posts. Levi is actually a girl.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:25 AM   #69
Hikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabunbun View Post
Hehe thank you n_n; and I wish I can edit my old posts. Levi is actually a girl.
Oh, ooops! Well, she's a cute girl then. XD

Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #70
JPNLKT
Here's some update pictures of Fizzarolli from a few days before Christmas 2021, He was about 19 grams at the time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, progression, snow corns