• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Caramel Blood Reds

"Boo" to no more caramel bloods - unless of course, you'd like to ship those poor unwanted caramel bloods you currently have to me. I'd be delighted to try and work something out! Or maybe, even though you're not marking hets any more, you have some left over caramels het for blood? I'se tryin'. (My smileys won't work, but read "Big Grin" here.)

Thanks for the reply in any case.

Yeah, hets carrying the Amber Blood Red mix were one of the reasons I decided to abandon labelling hets. Every year I have to create a ton of new pages of labels, and it was just getting WAY out of hand. After having to run over to house to print up another set of labels after a dozen or so new sets, I just decided this was CRAZY.

Seriously, people just don't want to pay enough for hets to really be worth the trouble of keeping track of them. Even for my own projects, I am much more less inclined to even hold back hets except in the initial project stages. Before, I would hold back any single homozygous offspring that were possible hets for the one or more other genes necessary to make my target complete. But the NUMBER of animals I was keeping has just gotten ridiculous. So I just keep the fully homozygous animals and don't even bother making notes of the ones that are possible hets any longer. Just too much work involved with little return on the effort expended.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply. (Sorry I was delayed in expressing appreciated. We had a minor visit from Gustav.)

Actually, since I am now producing the Amber Blood Reds and a few Butter Blood Reds (Sulfurs), I really don't have much incentive to produce the Caramel Bloods any longer.

On a more positive note, I have decided to lower the price substantially on the Amber Bloods, since it seems I way overshot the mark on them when I set up my price list.

Rich can you pm me an updated price on the amber bloods? I'd also be interested in any adult or sub adult Caramel bloods.;)

Rich can you pm me an updated price on the amber bloods? I'd also be interested in any adult or sub adult Caramel bloods.;)

I'm thinking I may put the price at $400 each for the Amber Bloods. If I can ever find the time to update the price list. Still out of date from before Expo..... Many of the 2007s are gone that are still showing on my price list.

Whammy! Those are some nice looking Caramel bloods!
You were talking about your caramel lavenders Rich, how about a picture? I would seriuosly like to see one of those!

Back