CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Day Geckos: Favorite varieties?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #11
hiddenhollowherp
Are they speedy? Cause if so, I'd agree.. I would probably injure them or atleast bump them around a bit if they got loose and I was in a fluster to catch them, lol.

I think you can hold whites. I know you can hold greens if you rinse the salt off your hands beforehand. I've always wanted red eyed treefrogs, but I don't know anything about them really.

Peacock days are my first choice.. Unless I find out they are way out of my league, lol. After that, I'd just as soon go for red eyed treefrogs or those frogs with the parachutes for feet.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #12
~Fluff~
I've kept red eyed tree frogs. They aren't really hard to keep but they are nocturnal so not really that much fun to watch.
If your still considering a lizard though, why not something like a crested gecko? I love mine. They are pretty friendly, easy to care for IMO and mine tolerates being held really well. Just a thought.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fluff~ View Post
I've kept red eyed tree frogs. They aren't really hard to keep but they are nocturnal so not really that much fun to watch.
If your still considering a lizard though, why not something like a crested gecko? I love mine. They are pretty friendly, easy to care for IMO and mine tolerates being held really well. Just a thought.
I have to agree. Crested are very easy to care for and easy to handle. I have 2 and they are great.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #14
tom e
I've also kept a couple red eyes. They are beautiful frogs and easy to keep. If you're looking for something active in the day though, they are a bad choice in that respect.. You'll almost never see them moving unless you wake them up and take them out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
beginner, day geckos, gecko