• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

So sorry to hear he is struggling. It seemed you had him on the right track. Hope it works out for him and you!

Oh man - I just read through all the posts - I hope he hangs in there! Good luck - I wish you all the best!
Go Widsor Go! You can beat it!

YAY so glad he is going to make it to the vet. Will he be staying over night? Will be thinking of you guys! Hang in there, hope you get some positive answers today! :)

oh Elle....I am so sorry he's not doing well...these pics broke my heart...I am hoping and praying that he is one tough little bugger and he pulls through. He's a real beauty, and you did a great job with him...we've all seen it in his progression thread. I really hope he's able to pull through.

Big huggs to you both :)

Hello, I dont know you and I'm new to this site been on about a week or so. I saw this posting and I dont know what kind of shape he was in before but I can see this is really tough on you and you have alot of people standing behind you anxiously waiting to hear the news that he is going to make it. I send you my best wishes and it is because of responses like this that make me glad I decided to join CS.com, When I saw the pics of him I got all teary eyed, I hate seeing things like this but we are all behind you and wish you the best.

By the way my name is Eli and I'm from S.C., nice to meet you all.

Windsor was euthanised today at 10.40am. The vet agreed that his condition was too far gone and he was unsaveable. The infection has most probably turned viral and theres no cure for viruses in reptiles.

I held him down and the vet just put the injection straight into his heart... I don't think I have ever witnessed anything so traumatic in my life. He went very suddenly. The vet said it was the quickest snake euthanasia hes ever done as he was gone in about 30 seconds, no twitching, not struggling. I know he knew what was happeneing, and I told him I was sorry. I hope he knew that I did everything I could for him.

Bye Windsor. I tried my best :'(

I'm paying extra for a necropsy as I need to know what the virus is and where it came from. He's been in a completely different house from the rest of my boids and a completely different room from the colubrids at my house. I just hope the pervious owner takes the necessary precautions with her collection too.

It's times like this when you realise how important quarantine is and I'm so glad he has not had the oppertunity to come into contact with the rest of my snakes.

So sorry Elle. :( You did your best, which is way better then most of us could do. :cry:

Last edited:
dude I'm a 20 year old male. And I dont tend to get upset alot. but I'm all teary eyed right now. I'm so sorry for your lose and he knows you did everything that you could.

I'm so sorry Elle, but I'm very proud of you for taking such wonderful care of him. You're a kind and caring person and Windsor was very fortunate to have been in your hands. *hugs*

Thank you everyone. He died in my hands... and I suppose I helped to euthanise him. But I could not prolong his suffering, and no matter what medication he was on, nothing could have been done.

from what i have read by you and others. You did better than any of us could have. I felt like I was there with you through the whole thing.

Tula,
Just from his short turn around when you got him back tells me he knew he was in the right place. Sorry for your loss!

I'm so sorry. He was such a strong boy. You did an amazing job with him, and did the best with the situation you were presented. I'm sure you're feeling a lot of things... I want you to know that I can think of no better person to have taken care of him.

You did an amazing job with him, and did the best with the situation you were presented.

I'm so sorry to hear he didn't make it. You really did a great job with him! I know how hard to lose one when you've tried so hard but you did the right thing. It was good you were with him at the end, if snakes can feel comfort, Windsor was at ease because you were with him.

Doing the right thing is rarely ever coincides with doing the easiest thing. It's a good thing Windsor was with someone who had the strength to be with him every second of the way, doing everything you could, and ultimately the best thing. Knowing you did the "right" thing won't help to ease the pain, but try not to get too down on yourself. :(

Today I will have a moment of silence and smoke my last lucky strike (filter) in honor of Windsor.

That is a terrible shame Elle, though I know you made the right decision for him at the end. He'd been doing so well there for a while and then to have it regress to the point where nothing could be done for him - simply tragic.

You are correct too, things like this are good examples of why quarantining new animals is the best thing to do in the long run. Even though it can be a pain and adds more work in some ways - it can prevent something as terrible as what Windsor had from spreading to an entire collection.

Let us know how the necropsy turns out and be sure to savor a glass of wine in Windsor's honor - he was a beautiful critter and he will be missed.

Jenn

Back