• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the deal!

Profanity (sorry I don't know how to multi-quote)

Maybe "retarted" /"raptor"/ "whatever" will be back. He's been a slimy beggar and attention whore on other boards before ours. We'll kick his scumbag butt out of here a few more times, I reckon, before he takes his juvenile masturbatory stunts elsewhere. I gave you a chance, you little pud-whacker. You decided to take the testicle-free route. Next time, I'll contact your Mommy. Don't you have some x-box games to mod you little wanker?

I'd say the language here is outside the remit of a 'family friendly' forum, personally

WOW, I missed that. Dean you are a real potty mouth. I think that one probably crossed the line. I have been indited 3 times for profanity and I've never said anything that colorful.

I'm willing to take my infractions or a small vacation by saying that I can't blame them for being tired of the whiney bitches.

Go ahead Dean, Susan or Jeff, give me the smack down. It's worth it.

WOW, I missed that. Dean you are a real potty mouth. I think that one probably crossed the line. I have been indited 3 times for profanity and I've never said anything that colorful.
Wow.... It's a colour in America..... Way to go Americans...
I'd like the W***** coloured shoes please....
Is it a shade of off white:sidestep:

Actually Wade, where are the actual rules on post content located?
I just try to stay civilised and report anything I find really offensive but I don't know what the official line is. Seriously, I'd appreciate a link if possible.

I'm willing to take my infractions or a small vacation by saying that I can't blame them for being tired of the whiney bitches.

Go ahead Dean, Susan or Jeff, give me the smack down. It's worth it.

Yep I was accused of being on by Susan herself. Then she went on to say that a B**** is a female dog. Let me as you, her and anyone else if you were called a B**** would you NOT take offense to it? I already know what you will say so don't bother with the answer. I know the fraternity sticks together and will forever be one.......so be it.

ok.....................so it's ok for moderators to use foul language in their posts?
It's ok for the moderators to call members 'whiny bitches'?
It's ok for moderators to moan about what a thankless task they have?
But members cannot express wishes for change?

It's not ok for mods to post profanity. It's not ok for them to call members whiny bitches, particularly if they direct the term at specific individuals. I was out of line the night I started the "Political B.S." thread, and I acknowleged it IN that thread. I tried to give myself infraction points, but the system wouldn't let me. I did everything short of begging to be given points by the other mods, but they chose not to. That's actually consistent with how we've been handling mild profanity, and other mild transgressions; we've relaxed disciplinary actions considerably.

It IS ok for mods to complain about the thankless job, especially when the complaint is couched within a plea for members to relax in reporting every little thing that irks them.

It IS ok for members to express wishes or suggestions for change. It is not ok for them to begin publicly arranging the changes without admin approval. If I don't like the staff at my local supermarket, or if I think they're understaffed, I can't set up a table at the front door and start soliciting applicants. I can express my concerns to the store's management; I can complain in a local publication; or I can decide to shop elsewhere. The store would be VERY generous if they allowed me to post my concerns, complaints, or suggestions in their front window. Most stores wouldn't allow it. We're allowing it here, but I'm not going to let it go further than that while I'm helping to mind Rich's store.

Yep I was accused of being on by Susan herself. Then she went on to say that a B**** is a female dog. Let me as you, her and anyone else if you were called a B**** would you NOT take offense to it? I already know what you will say so don't bother with the answer. I know the fraternity sticks together and will forever be one.......so be it.
Fraternity? Will there be dancing?

I've been called so much worse than that on this very forum, actually. I guess if I had thinner skin it might offend me, but this is a small part of my REAL LIFE, so I can shrug it off and put the shattered pieces of said life back together and move on. *shrug*

I had an infraction for saying...King James II of England is back...
I did think it was funny..... But it turns out it was offensive....

It's not ok for mods to post profanity. It's not ok for them to call members whiny bitches, particularly if they direct the term at specific individuals. I was out of line the night I started the "Political B.S." thread, and I acknowleged it IN that thread. I tried to give myself infraction points, but the system wouldn't let me. I did everything short of begging to be given points by the other mods, but they chose not to. That's actually consistent with how we've been handling mild profanity, and other mild transgressions; we've relaxed disciplinary actions considerably.

It IS ok for mods to complain about the thankless job, especially when the complaint is couched within a plea for members to relax in reporting every little thing that irks them.

It IS ok for members to express wishes or suggestions for change. It is not ok for them to begin publicly arranging the changes without admin approval. If I don't like the staff at my local supermarket, or if I think they're understaffed, I can't set up a table at the front door and start soliciting applicants. I can express my concerns to the store's management; I can complain in a local publication; or I can decide to shop elsewhere. The store would be VERY generous if they allowed me to post my concerns, complaints, or suggestions in their front window. Most stores wouldn't allow it. We're allowing it here, but I'm not going to let it go further than that while I'm helping to mind Rich's store.

Thank you Dean, Susan, Jeff, and Mike for the jobs that you do.

Of course you didn't receive an infraction. It's the fraternity acting again. If this truly was a moderator run site, the mods wouldn't even THINK of stepping over the line and overlooking the rules. As much as Rich has allowed you all to oversee his site for him he's also allowed you all to pretty much say and do as you please when you please.

Good grief...if I had to put up with that kind of whining, I'd skip the infractions and just gouge out my eyes with a butter knife.

I'd have taken offense if I'd been called a name like that on here. I have a life elsewhere and don't consider myself thin-skinned. I have a fairly low tolerence for profanity though and may be mistaken as to what is or isn't acceptable on a 'family-friendly' forum.

Can I ask.....
Did you get the mods jobs thrust upon you or did you apply....
Were you nominated and seconded against your will or with you co-operation...
How did the mod thing happen....
I remember Jeff getting his.... It seemed someone put it in his sig.... Jeff for mod.... And it happened....
Was that an admin approved thing or like the ones that people have in their sigs now.... As I haven't seen a post by Rich asking for nominations...

I think we as adults should be able to share an opinion and not have people freak out even when marginally offensive. I think Susan's bonus comment was racial, and i also do not care that she shared it. It was an opinion and she's entitled to a political opinion even as a mod she is also a contributor here just like us. Calling someone the b word isn't a nice thing to do, but I think we have all called someone a b at least once in our live's. I don't see the double standard, but I haven't kept up I guess,lol I have seen MANY people here call others names without infractions, and when infractions are handed out it seems it is to those who have gone out of their way to be a continuous troll in multiple posts which is fair. It would nice is everyone played fair without name calling, but every time someone is mean expecting them to be punished is pubescent.

Dean has made some really good points above. The mods have lightened up on profanity over the last year. One of my infractions was for writing a profane word in code. It was rocket science but took a fair amount of effort to see what it said. Things are much more relaxed now than they were.

I don’t know where the rules are. I know profanity is against the rules. I got called out for being “antagonistic toward another member” because I was picking on Vinny for his chicken parts. Those are the only rules I know about and I think they are both good rules. Just what is unacceptable profanity or antagonistic? I guess that is open for interpretation and the discretion of our wonderful mod team.

I think we as adults should be able to share an opinion and not have people freak out even when marginally offensive. I think Susan's bonus comment was racial, and i also do not care that she shared it. It was an opinion and she's entitled to a political opinion even as a mod she is also a contributor here just like us. Calling someone the b word isn't a nice thing to do, but I think we have all called someone a b at least once in our live's. I don't see the double standard, but I haven't kept up I guess,lol I have seen MANY people here call others names without infractions, and when infractions are handed out it seems it is to those who have gone out of their way to be a continuous troll in multiple posts which is fair. It would nice is everyone played fair without name calling, but every time someone is mean expecting them to be punished is pubescent.

You have to spread some rep around before giving it to Danielle again. :poke:

Good grief...if I had to put up with that kind of whining, I'd skip the infractions and just gouge out my eyes with a butter knife.

I'd have taken offense if I'd been called a name like that on here. I have a life elsewhere and don't consider myself thin-skinned. I have a fairly low tolerence for profanity though and may be mistaken as to what is or isn't acceptable on a 'family-friendly' forum.

And yet again I'm being whinny and thin skinned. I"m sorry but being called a B**** is VERY offensive to me and I would hope most women would take offense to it. Apparently this isn't the "family friendly" place some of us thought it was after all.

So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.
But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.

I don't think the problem was a general, "Is it time for new moderators?" post in the admin section. I believe the problem was him making a post (in jest but read seriously) for NEW moderators as if he had the authority.

I'm not trying to lynch the mods....

Please don't use that term. Since it is pointed at a female (a minority) and someone that might be another minority (I haven't met Mike), I take it as a prejudicial slur. I wouldn't have before. But now I am enlightened. Lynch is one of those polite words that shouldn't be used on TV - like snugglebunnies. (Please don't ban me - I just wrote snugglebunny. I didn't CALL anyone a snugglebunny!)

Back