CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #521
snakewispera snr
Seriously, it does smack of double standards.....

Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #522
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Profanity (sorry I don't know how to multi-quote)

Maybe "retarted" /"raptor"/ "whatever" will be back. He's been a slimy beggar and attention whore on other boards before ours. We'll kick his scumbag butt out of here a few more times, I reckon, before he takes his juvenile masturbatory stunts elsewhere. I gave you a chance, you little pud-whacker. You decided to take the testicle-free route. Next time, I'll contact your Mommy. Don't you have some x-box games to mod you little wanker?

I'd say the language here is outside the remit of a 'family friendly' forum, personally

WOW, I missed that. Dean you are a real potty mouth. I think that one probably crossed the line. I have been indited 3 times for profanity and I've never said anything that colorful.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #523
LBoz
I'm willing to take my infractions or a small vacation by saying that I can't blame them for being tired of the whiney bitches.

Go ahead Dean, Susan or Jeff, give me the smack down. It's worth it.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #524
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
WOW, I missed that. Dean you are a real potty mouth. I think that one probably crossed the line. I have been indited 3 times for profanity and I've never said anything that colorful.
Wow.... It's a colour in America..... Way to go Americans...
I'd like the W***** coloured shoes please....
Is it a shade of off white

Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #525
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Actually Wade, where are the actual rules on post content located?
I just try to stay civilised and report anything I find really offensive but I don't know what the official line is. Seriously, I'd appreciate a link if possible.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #526
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
I'm willing to take my infractions or a small vacation by saying that I can't blame them for being tired of the whiney bitches.

Go ahead Dean, Susan or Jeff, give me the smack down. It's worth it.

Yep I was accused of being on by Susan herself. Then she went on to say that a B**** is a female dog. Let me as you, her and anyone else if you were called a B**** would you NOT take offense to it? I already know what you will say so don't bother with the answer. I know the fraternity sticks together and will forever be one.......so be it.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #527
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
ok.....................so it's ok for moderators to use foul language in their posts?
It's ok for the moderators to call members 'whiny bitches'?
It's ok for moderators to moan about what a thankless task they have?
But members cannot express wishes for change?
It's not ok for mods to post profanity. It's not ok for them to call members whiny bitches, particularly if they direct the term at specific individuals. I was out of line the night I started the "Political B.S." thread, and I acknowleged it IN that thread. I tried to give myself infraction points, but the system wouldn't let me. I did everything short of begging to be given points by the other mods, but they chose not to. That's actually consistent with how we've been handling mild profanity, and other mild transgressions; we've relaxed disciplinary actions considerably.

It IS ok for mods to complain about the thankless job, especially when the complaint is couched within a plea for members to relax in reporting every little thing that irks them.

It IS ok for members to express wishes or suggestions for change. It is not ok for them to begin publicly arranging the changes without admin approval. If I don't like the staff at my local supermarket, or if I think they're understaffed, I can't set up a table at the front door and start soliciting applicants. I can express my concerns to the store's management; I can complain in a local publication; or I can decide to shop elsewhere. The store would be VERY generous if they allowed me to post my concerns, complaints, or suggestions in their front window. Most stores wouldn't allow it. We're allowing it here, but I'm not going to let it go further than that while I'm helping to mind Rich's store.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #528
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
Yep I was accused of being on by Susan herself. Then she went on to say that a B**** is a female dog. Let me as you, her and anyone else if you were called a B**** would you NOT take offense to it? I already know what you will say so don't bother with the answer. I know the fraternity sticks together and will forever be one.......so be it.
Fraternity? Will there be dancing?

I've been called so much worse than that on this very forum, actually. I guess if I had thinner skin it might offend me, but this is a small part of my REAL LIFE, so I can shrug it off and put the shattered pieces of said life back together and move on. *shrug*

Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #529
snakewispera snr
I had an infraction for saying...King James II of England is back...
I did think it was funny..... But it turns out it was offensive....

Old 09-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #530
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
It's not ok for mods to post profanity. It's not ok for them to call members whiny bitches, particularly if they direct the term at specific individuals. I was out of line the night I started the "Political B.S." thread, and I acknowleged it IN that thread. I tried to give myself infraction points, but the system wouldn't let me. I did everything short of begging to be given points by the other mods, but they chose not to. That's actually consistent with how we've been handling mild profanity, and other mild transgressions; we've relaxed disciplinary actions considerably.

It IS ok for mods to complain about the thankless job, especially when the complaint is couched within a plea for members to relax in reporting every little thing that irks them.

It IS ok for members to express wishes or suggestions for change. It is not ok for them to begin publicly arranging the changes without admin approval. If I don't like the staff at my local supermarket, or if I think they're understaffed, I can't set up a table at the front door and start soliciting applicants. I can express my concerns to the store's management; I can complain in a local publication; or I can decide to shop elsewhere. The store would be VERY generous if they allowed me to post my concerns, complaints, or suggestions in their front window. Most stores wouldn't allow it. We're allowing it here, but I'm not going to let it go further than that while I'm helping to mind Rich's store.
Thank you Dean, Susan, Jeff, and Mike for the jobs that you do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google