CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #631
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
"You've gotta remember, Dale. The only time Jewish women are interested in snakes is when they're on shoes and handbags."
Careful. As someone that has been accused of being a Jew or at least Jew-ish in the past, I might take offense by such comments. If we can't use lynch, you can't use the term "shoes and handbags."

Old 09-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #632
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Oooooooooh! I'd got 25% of the votes, so close but no cigar!
So you came 4th..... Joe jr 5th and Jeff 6th.....
I would start a recount thread as to who should be made mod......
But my butt is still sore from yesterdays reaming,
so I'll give that one a miss

Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #633
wade
For the record, I don’t agree with Susan’s comments and feel like they were not appropriate for this site. That said, I think Susan has been a good moderator and I don’t want to loose her over this fiasco. I hope that she and everyone else can get past this.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #634
diamondlil
ok...where's Susan's last post gone?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #635
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I apologize to anyone I may have offended recently. I've crossed the line on a number of occasions, and for that I'm sorry. I can't promise that I'll elevate my behavior to a super-human level, and I'm not going to deny myself the right to express my opinions, but I will strive to be more dignified in my postings here.

I would especially like to apologize to J9. You know how much I've always admired and respected you. Don't think that I've gone completely to the dark side...

-Dean
Since I too was one who was offended by your words... apology accepted.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #636
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
Careful. As someone that has been accused of being a Jew or at least Jew-ish in the past, I might take offense by such comments. If we can't use lynch, you can't use the term "shoes and handbags."
I can only presume that you've never seen MY nose.

Dale

Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #637
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Just a few reminders on the moderator appointments/voting:

Jeff was asked in by Rich as both Dean and myself were overworked with both our personal lives and this forum at that time, and he has been a tremendous help!
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ight=moderator

And these are why and how Dean, Mike and myself ended up with the job (if we only knew then...):

And as for why some members received infractions and bannings in the past and worse infractions have gone unpunished is because it has taken awhile for the mods to understand exactly how Rich wants this site moderated. We were learning in the beginning, trying to please everyone and jumping on things at the slightest report. Rich took us aside and told us that he didn't want this site run that way. He wants the members to have the freedom to express themselves a bit more freely, but have some guidelines to prevent things from going too far. There was a recent attempt at a quote of a post made by Dean to RetetedGeese/RaptorJesus/whoever, that does need to be addressed as it was out of line (but Dean already admitted to that and has stated that mods are not able to be given infractions because of how the system is set up so Dean...you go put yourself on a voluntary 3-day banning...but don't enjoy it ). However, there has also been a load of terms used and alot of name-calling in many recent threads that has not completely crossed over the wide gray line Rich as sketched. Some may not like it and find it offensive, but neither you nor I make the rules.

Oh, and I know my photo is next to that "female dog" word in my encyclopedia as I put it there myself. Cross me hard enough and you'll find out just how much of one I really am, but you'll also not find a more loyal or staunch person that would do everything in her power to help a friend.

I'm sure that Rich has viewed this thread and if he has a problem, we would hear about it.

As for the Bobbsey Twins, go suck an egg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
ok...where's Susan's last post gone?
This is the last post I personally saw of Susans.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #638
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
This is the last post I personally saw of Susans.
Ah, in that case I had a crazy moment, I must have scrolled too fast!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #639
snakemom1961
interesting, how it shows Dean's ID has been suspended yet here he is watching this thread....