CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Musical mates, 2016 edition. Musings ...

Old 10-06-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
Tavia
Musical mates, 2016 edition. Musings ...

Been playing musical mates with all the corn potentials for next year and figured I'd write out my conclusions so far, see what everyone else thinks. The corn snakes are kinda my baby, so can't discuss them with hubby, who just gets a blank look at the genetics, shrugs and says, "I don't know" and "do whatever you think best" which is not helpful, LOL!

First a list of the ready females and their genes.

Stormy, Charcoal Hypo, 50% phet Amel (have reason to wonder if she is het Anery too) Proven.

Rhiannon, Caramel Motley. No known hets. Proven.

Fiona, Caramel Sunkissed het Diffused.

Almost certainly a breeding loan female. Caramel Tessera. Don't know about known hets yet.

Have too many males and not enough females ready! The males and their genes.

Max, Super Tessera het Caramel, slight chance het amel. Proven.

Vash, Charcoal, Hypo, het or homo Anery, het Diffused. Proven.

Badger, Charcoal Tessera het Diffused, slight chance het Anery. Young, may or may not be ready by next year.

Viper, Diffused Tessera, poss het Amel, Anery, Caramel, Hypo & Lavender. Young but looking very good for next year.

Firmly planning on repeating this year's Max and Rhiannon pairing.

The breeding loan female will also have primary claim to Max's attention. Will be keeping back all or at least nearly all of my half of the clutch, if everything goes well and we get some babies. Will be hoping for some Super Tessera, preferably a female Caramel Super if I'm really lucky.

Then I'd been planning on trying Max again next year with Fiona, didn't take this year although Max was interested. However, I don't want to stretch Max too thin, trying to cover 3 or more girls. So since the other 2 pairings are more important, I'm thinking that I will only pair Max with those two.

That leaves Viper to pair with Fiona, I'm thinking. Can test his phet Caramel and we should also get some Diffused out of it, along with a few Tessera of varying stripes.

Last is Stormy. I'm really not sure who to pair her with! At the moment I think I'm at a toss up between Vash and Badger, assuming Badger is ready to go and pairing her with Viper running slightly behind.

What d'y'all think?

Pictures of all of them, because that's the most important part of a post, right?

Stormy.

Rhiannon.

Fiona.

Max.

Vash.

Badger.

Viper.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Colorguardchic19
They are all so pretty! I really like Max!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google