CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Egg Stem: What To Do (Update Post-Shed)

Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
5 Star Serpents
Great info! I never thought of snipping them, I put mine in a deli with very moist paper towel and change the paper towel twice daily to keep it very clean and I've never had one last more than 2 days doing that they usually fall off or suck them in within this time. It's great to see people sharing their "solutions" to common issues

Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #12
runninghorsespirit
very informing! Thank you Nanci for making this thread!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
diamondlil
Excellent thread, Nanci. I still get nervous about pippies with the cords on, because I had one that disembowelled itself in a tub with just damp papertowel, I'd never heard of trimming it before

Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
BloodyBaroness
Duct tape. That will fix it.*

*I am totally kidding!!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Nanci
Here is a photo of the hatchling's "belly button" on the day he shed.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Nanci
Here's the baby recovering from the indignity of being held on his back for a photo!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
endrin
Good news!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
SnakeAround
I have seen a baby pulling the cord out more when it got stuck somewhere once, than I decided to cut it off in and do that immediately in future cases, which I have succesfully done at a way larger protruding stem (gap measuring about 4/5 inch). Try to avoid veins. I think if you would cut a vein, you could burn it to close or tie it up. I don't think they can feel pain in the cord/stem.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
Nanci
You could probably actually tie dental floss around it close to the abdomen, and then snip it. I't still give it a few hours to reduce/absorb/dry out, first.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
SnakeAround
Great idea Nanci!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google