CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Another snake ID please.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Jupiter
Another snake ID please.

So I used to know what these where called but forgot, here are the pics.... Just caught them behind the house, I was wondering what kind of snake they are and wether or not they make good pet snakes. They're really common, and I should know what it's called but forgot lol.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Jupiter
Are they northern ring necks?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
tspuckler
Ringneck Snake.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Very cute little ringnecks! I sometimes see them offered for sale. Maybe someone who has experience with them will chime in, but from what I've read, they don't make very good pets.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
Jupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Very cute little ringnecks! I sometimes see them offered for sale. Maybe someone who has experience with them will chime in, but from what I've read, they don't make very good pets.

Yea, I did a bit of reading and decided to just turn these little fellows back into the wild, took em up to a field though where I'm sure there are mice and crickets and lizards and all kinds of stuff. Plenty of stuff to hide under too, figured they might like it up there, plus it's not that far at all from where I found em.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Now they can make new babies for you to catch and admire!

Old 10-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #7
Jupiter
Yes! Hopefully they will. I read that ringnecks are sociable, and often stay together. Makes sense I guess, when we found them they were in a pile of like 5 or 6, a few got away before we could get them, and inly 1 fit the profile of being an adult, the others where quite small. Hopefully they grown up and repopulate even more lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google