CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Stripes vs Tessera Stripes - Please help with IDing them

Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 AM   #11
Isoldael
Thanks a lot for your reply, crturley! That's very helpful
With pricing I didn't mean the actual numbers, but rather - would you be confident in pricing them as (anery) tessera stripes at the risk of them not being that? Or would you err on the safe side and price them all as "just" stripes? I'm simply not sure what to do as I don't want to (unintentionally) mislead anyone, but I also don't want to underprice.

I don't think there is masque in either of them, and I didn't get any normal patterned hatchlings that were masque to prove that out, so I'll assume there is none in the clutch.

I'll post some pictures of the parents once I'm at my pc later today. I'm pretty much in love with the looks of them both, so I'm thrilled to see that they also produce pretty hatchlings

Old 09-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #12
Isoldael
So, pictures, as promised!

This is the sire, Nash. His nose has been going white recently, which is an interesting development. Otherwise, I just love his stark greys and strong yellows

This was him as a baby, the day I got him. Unfortunately I don't have too many great pictures from back then:

And the dam, Lilith. Not the most recent picture, but shows off her pattern nicely:

And this was her as a hatchling:

I'm very happy with the two of them. I think they look amazing and their personalities are great to boot. Nash isn't the sharpest pencil though... He always eats his mice butt-first, and once managed to get himself stuck inside a piece of wood. I ended up sawing him out... oh well :P I still love him.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:42 AM   #13
BlackBear123
I'm sorry I'm also not much help with the ID, but I'd like to echo that those outdoor baby photos of your clutch are incredible! Just jaw dropping beautiful photography.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #14
crturley
Lord, Nash is a beautiful snake. (Not to say Lilith isn't.) No wonder the baby anery tessera stripes are so perfect. I don't suppose you export . . .?

Anyway, his baby photo explains what I was wondering--he also has a strangely blurry head pattern. Not saying he's a tessera, of course--just that something else may be going on here.

Regardless, if it were me, I would feel comfortable offering all (except maybe the last two) at tessera stripe prices, though I would probably inform the customer as much as possible. Earlier this year I sold a probable dilute anery striped tessera at striped pricing--this was prior to my striped tessera male's clutch proving him out--and I'm kicking myself a bit.

As for the last two, you could either keep them, or maybe split the difference between the stripe cost and stripe tessera cost? If you had a way to get #14 to the states, I'd take him/her (at full tessera pricing) to raise and test.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #15
Isoldael
@BlackBear123 - Thank you! Took me forever to get them to sit still enough for pictures :P

@Crturley - I can only agree. I was always in love with anery stripes (which is why I got one to begin with), but Nash has only made that love grow stronger. It'll be so hard to sell these hatchlings, haha :P Nash does have somewhat of a blurry head pattern. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of his parents - the seller showed me pictures when I bought them at a show, but I never got their contact details... rookie mistake.

Thanks for the advice on pricing, I think I might do just that . As for shipping to the states... I can get the snakes to Hamm or Houten, I think some US breeders show up there regularly. We could see if one of them would be willing to take a snake back to the states with them, but I imagine it wouldn't be cheap to get one to you.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #16
Jessicat
Here's an interesting read that delves into Tessera Stripes. Picture examples included.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ight=hatchling

Old 09-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #17
Isoldael
I've read that, but thanks for the link

Old 09-11-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
Jessicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoldael View Post
I've read that, but thanks for the link
Oops! Good luck with them. No matter what they're beautiful and you definitely have some great photography skills.

Edit: After glancing over the photos again #8 and 10 look like GREAT candidates to me due to their minimal patterning and "highway" stripe. #11 Appears to have a "highway" of dorsal color as well.

Potentially #14 as well, but see how the side stripe is pretty dark?

I'm an untrained eye though, hopefully Jenn of Ghost House sees this and weights in!!!

Old 09-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #19
ghosthousecorns
Thanks Jess for the vote of confidence. I do know this thread by Wendy was most helpful when I was trying to id my clutch
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140919, but I don't have much to add as all mine are actually motley tessera het stripe. The one snake I hatched that I now believe was a striped tessera I thought at that time was just stripe and sold.
However, I tend to agree with the guesses of crturley and BTW I am really admiring the beautiful snakes in the clutch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google