CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Bloodred or "just" diffused?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
Jitt
Bloodred or "just" diffused?

Hi all,

totally fell in love with bloodred corns and having strong desire to have little snake critter as my friend (no breeding ambitions, just to have quiet, solitary companion) I finally managed to buy my own <3

But of course, knowing nothing from real life and just going by books and internet, I got this awesome little guy ... supposed to be Bloodred het amel charcoal.

Do you think he has potential to grow into that deep vivid blood red, or will go more towards the "diffused" orange-brown color? Can it be told from this one photo of him I have? (from the breeder, little Carmin will arrive this Sunday to me).

Thank you for any opinions! Even if he won't turn into true red, I will still love him, cause I fell in love with that awesome look of his face! <3

Old 09-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
mishima25
I forgot in the other post: Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your snake!

It looks like any of them, diffused or bloodred.
You can take a look at a site called Ian's Vivarium, in the morph section.
It's difficult to tell, since bloodreds are selectively bred diffuseds, it could turn out anything between an orange to a solid red.

I see you are Czech. There is a very, very good breeder in your country, Tomás Pohl, his site is called Serpentarium. If you bought it there, then your snake is honestly what he says it is.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Jitt
Thank you very much, for the welcome and advice I bought it from Tomas Cieply, also a good referented breeder from Czech ... just thought more opinions might make me happier Will see how the colors progressed during the last three months. I couldn't take it right away cause of feeding and needed to finish the viv first too ... main builder was sorta piled by work so it took time T_T

Once I'll get him to my care, I'll take another photo, maybe there will be more signs ... I really look forward to the change though

Old 09-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Myca
I really like the head on your snake. Very nice.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
Nanci
That snake SCREAMS bloodred to me.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
Dragonling
I would ask the breeder if he could send you a photo of one or both of the parents. It should give some indication of how he might look as an adult, even if it's not exactly the same. It's really hard to tell how any given hatchling will turn out without knowing the parents' phenotype (their visual appearance). Anyone who's been in the community for a long time will tell you they've seen ugly hatchlings turn into some of the best looking adults and some very pretty hatchlings that grew up to be mediocre at best.

Your snake does look like a nice bloodred. He's got a great masque pattern! Pics of the parents may confirm that.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #7
Jitt
Thank you very much, all !! I already sent e-mail with question (didn't occured to me, lol, as I read from all the sides "het for this" "het for that" and it's totally confusing ... most basic thing didn't even bump my head XD I'm such a klutz.

Once I'll get the photos, I'll upload them here too.

I'm just sooo excited!! <3

Old 09-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
I couldn't guess what level of redness he'll have as an adult, but he does have really nice diffusion, so at the very least, he will probably be a really nice patternless adult.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
MysticExotics
I would call that one Bloodred.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #10
ascottlaw
It looks like a good bloodred, but it would help to see the belly

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google