CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calico Corn Information?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #21
Wayne
Actually tha snake is about 95% white, the other speckes of color include black, grey, red, and a good bit of orange which is found on the underside of the snake near the base of the tail, even though you can not really see the eyes all that well, the pupils are black and the surrounding eye is a pail grey. I have the snake! At first I thought the same, maybe some kind of black or greyish rat morph, but considering the amount of orange and red on the snake and scale count on the head, the location it has found and a few other things that I know about this snake, I am 99% sure it is a corn snake. But then again either way it is one of a kind!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #22
Jezebel
I don't care what it is, that is one of the most astounding snakes I have ever seen and I want it!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #23
Nanci
How about a photo shoot of him???

Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #24
Drewby07
I agree! Don't leave us hanging with just one pic!! We need lots more!!!

Macro shots of the head and eyes would be awesome too!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #25
zeewhiz
I agree completely, and I just want to add that he needs to ship it to Tula_Montage for the photo shoot....

Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #26
Drewby07
Also FWIW the shiny red thing in the center of the circle appears to be a tick to me....

Old 08-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
Nanci
Ew, it even has legs!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Hi, I to am very interested in finding out more about calico corns and I am interested in knowing if you have found anything out yet. The reason I am interested in them is because on a recent hunting trip I aquired a calico corn that is 95% white with only scattered scale coloring only a few scales in diameter across it's body, so , I am seriously looking for some one that can point my in the right direction to get some type of breeder program started. Thanks for any info that you can give!
Wayne is this "Calico Corn" your snake? Look at this link

http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/...er=asc&start=0

In this link it say's that the snake was found and then sold to Paul's very good friend. You talk that you found it and keeping it for a breeding project.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
Lynnea
If you read through the messages on the above link, you'll also discover that Paul will not reveal where the snake was captured in SC, as in, won't even reveal the county. He's on my s**tlist too, because he made a racist remark. It's hard to have respect for anyone who makes comments like that.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #30
Drewby07
Also looking at the head, I'm still not convinced it's a corn. I vote black rat or some sort of racer....maybe a partial leucistic or something. I'd still like to see macro head shots from all angles to confirm ID.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google