• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Calico Corn Information?

Wayne's snake may have a bit of leucistic rat snake in it. I know that in the leucy's, as they grow some develop colored scales. Mine, for example, was bought as a stark white Leucy with blue eyes, and she has developed red, orange, black, and yellow scales over the years. In fact, she has a big black patch over her eye. I researched this a bunch back in the day because I was scared she was sick when the spots started popping up. I found out that calicoism has not been proven genetic. Also, the snakes that do exhibit this trait are rare in rat snakes and corns. Also, for some reason, they are usually very difficult to breed, as they tend to not go gravid or not want to mate at all. Most people say calicoism is just an anomaly. I have recently acquired a male leucy that has a pink pattern between his scales, and after he sheds he looks red and pink between white scales. I plan on brumating and trying to breed them this year. Perhaps I will have some interesting hatchlings as a result.

Best wishes with the snake Wayne. He/She is beautiful.

Wayne's snake may have a bit of leucistic rat snake in it. I know that in the leucy's, as they grow some develop colored scales. Mine, for example, was bought as a stark white Leucy with blue eyes, and she has developed red, orange, black, and yellow scales over the years. In fact, she has a big black patch over her eye. I researched this a bunch back in the day because I was scared she was sick when the spots started popping up. I found out that calicoism has not been proven genetic. Also, the snakes that do exhibit this trait are rare in rat snakes and corns. Also, for some reason, they are usually very difficult to breed, as they tend to not go gravid or not want to mate at all. Most people say calicoism is just an anomaly. I have recently acquired a male leucy that has a pink pattern between his scales, and after he sheds he looks red and pink between white scales. I plan on brumating and trying to breed them this year. Perhaps I will have some interesting hatchlings as a result.

Best wishes with the snake Wayne. He/She is beautiful.

I would like to see pic of your snake. Do you have a profile on reptile geeks?

I haven't been on that site before. Send me an e mail address and I will send a pic to you. She is not nearly as speckled as the snake Wayne has, but she is still quite unique.

I haven't been on that site before. Send me an e mail address and I will send a pic to you. She is not nearly as speckled as the snake Wayne has, but she is still quite unique.
Why don't you just post it here? I'd like to see it and it's relevant to the thread.

I will post by tomorrow evening. I will do my best to take a good pic. I am watching the election right now.

I am not able to post directly to the thread for some reason. If someone would be kind enough to give me an e mail address, I would be more than happy to send them so they can be posted directly to this thread.

Here we go

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

I give up. I can't get them to post. Does anyone have an e mail address I can send them to? I posted them to an album on my profile here.

Now that is a sweet snake! Looks like it could be a littermate to "million" $ one. Makes the genetics of that one even more questionable???

Last edited:
Hehehe....Layla is not for sale, nor is her little live in boy-toy Gus. I tried to breed them last year. She went gravid, or so it seemed, and then all of a sudden, she seemed to absorb the eggs. I am hoping for a better season this year, as it will be my first time breeding. I live in South FL, and it is too hot outside for true brumation. I am thinking about using a wine fridge. Anyone think this is alright? Anyway, I am hoping to have some interesting babies.

Richm2778 & Zeewhiz Nice snakes!!!

Very interesting.

Well at leat I wasn't the one that paid the tens of thousands for that pure wild corn.

I love my little babies. Layla is about 6 years old, and I have had her her entire life. Gus is about 4, and I have only had him for about 6 months or so. They bring me joy because of their simplicity and beauty.

Hehehe....Layla is not for sale, nor is her little live in boy-toy Gus. I tried to breed them last year.

If you separate them and reintroduce in breeding season I bet they'd do way better....plus, then you'll be able to sell some 4 figure animals.....

Back