• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding live to F/T babies ??

I just put it around his neck for the photo.

He held still for the camera... he loves getting his photo taken.

Laying in the sun:
6c997d26.jpg

Taking a walk while camping (yes, he goes camping with us and is leash trained. He loves rocks.)
da8b76d0.jpg

He isn't even remotely mellow...
he is a terror.

He spends about 10 hours a day running around like a maniac and meowing like a tortured kid trying to get me to chase him or play with him or SOMETHING.

He wakes me up at 6AM every day... knocking stuff off of tables and shaking the blinds and meowing loudly.. until I get up and play with him.

It is better. He used to wake me up at 4AM.
I almost have him trained.

I love him to death.

murderpresents.jpg

So how exactly did this get to cats? Anyhow there's been some awesome friendly cats at work, they are lovable in a way entirely different from dogs.

Felt like necro'ing this old thread, just to spice things up around here.

Fed the snake a full-grown living adult mouse the other. Since snake hadn't eaten in 2 weeks, he went for it and got the most efficient lunge I have seen, full on grabbing the head and engulfing the mouse. Some advice for live feeders: the hungrier the snake, the sharper the hunt, so never overfeed.
However, I saw some blood, and after reading too much about how we endanger our own snakes by feeding live, mice are dangerous to snakes, etc. etc. I immediately panicked, thinking my snake had been bitten inside the mouth. In a gut reaction, I *intervened* which led to :flames: ***censored***
As it turned out, the blood was from the mouse and snake was entirely unscathed.
Not blaming anyone, it was a pretty debased moment for me, but I'd like you to understand the concept of cause + effect better.

Sorry for the troll post, a little tipsy and I couldn't help it :)

But seriously, you go on a snake forum and find a bunch of mouse lovers....

Some of us are more intellectual than we are sentimental, and part of the reason we get snakes is because we are fascinated with a primordial creature that has survived for so long, and is able to utterly dominate mammals far ahead in evolution than they are. We enjoy snakes not only because they are cute and pretty, but because we are fascinated watching them do what they do best.

Or maybe its a struggle between responsibility and entertainment, yet I feel obligated to speak for the minority here.

Just don't start with the dog analogies, because reptile =/= mammal.

MMMMM tasty

So I did some searches, funny how in all the live threads, its always the SAME small group of people saying the same stuff, with posts numbering in the tens of thousands, and you're constantly repping each other up like some sort of *F/T only OMGCRUEL/humane euthanasia* daisy chain.

I also find it funny how all the regulars here INSTANTLY replied, like you sit around the computer lurking around cornsnakes.com constantly, on a Saturday night (cause I never do this, yeah and I'm an obsessive animal lover too) IMHO you guys really ruin this forum which is the most widespread Corn Snake forum on the net!

Gonna join in the fun:
27520_110447852323713_7082_n.jpg

So I'm gonna get banned for having a little fun?

There is a difference in coming here to have fun and learn, and coming here to cause problems. You are only here to cause problems, as can be seen in your post history.

Bro you just sound butthurt. I've come here innocently enough, and been assaulted to the point of laughter, internet's so abstract sometimes.
Why does the logo of this board say "cornsnakes.com" yet displays a mouse? Now I'm really getting spooked.
You know why snakes are cold-blooded. Cause they don't give a %^#$.

Bro you just sound butthurt. I've come here innocently enough, and been assaulted to the point of laughter, internet's so abstract sometimes.
Why does the logo of this board say "cornsnakes.com" yet displays a mouse? Now I'm really getting spooked.
You know why snakes are cold-blooded. Cause they don't give a %^#$.

Maybe if you looked a little closer you would notice that the "mouse" is actually a computer mouse and that image of the mouse is reflectd in the eye of a corn snake. An interesting play on imagery, I thought.

So I'm gonna get banned for having a little fun?

From what I have seen around here, if you have to ask that kind of question, you either need to change your perspective, or you are uttering a self fulfilling prophesy. At this point, the choice is still yours to make. If you intentionally want to just piss off the membership, that doesn't bode well for your long term experience on this site. I don't like people using this site who appear to intentionally endeavor to do that. At the very least, posting while inebriated might not be in your best interests. You wouldn't be the first one to fall off the edge because alcohol terminally deadened their sense of propriety.

Having a discussion, even a controversial one, is one thing. But having such a conversation with the apparent goal of just pissing off the membership is really not advisable. That is the classic definition of a troll, and they aren't tolerated very long around here.

I STRONGLY advise you to NOT be "tipsy" when replying to this post. That probably won't work out very well for you.

You know Legion, you stated earlier in this thread that you weren't coming back here. And yet, you did, just to cause problems. Not to learn, not to say hello to old friends, but to get a rise out of people. I am not butthurt, you will end up doing something that causes you to get banned from the site sooner or later. I was just stating a fact about what I have seen from your past posts. Every one is loaded and ready to cause someone some issue, then you jump down on them.

You probably should have just stayed away from the site, or at least this thread. Things probably would be looking better in your future, though I doubt you have learned anything. Since you already know all.:shrugs:

Oh I see it now! The scales around the eyeball. Thanks Rich Z.

My snake does this really weird thing sometimes, he'll twist around a branch and stick his head in the air and freeze in a 180 degree vertical position for several minutes.

Snakes do that.
It is a fairly normal snake thing.

I don't sit around a check the site all the time, but Saturdays are a good day to do snake feedings, and so come Saturday evening, I'm usually entering info on the computer and checking the site for anyone who needs some help.

Having 100+ snakes makes it more of a part-time job and not just 'loving animals'... so I better like it enough to spend Saturday evenings chatting about it.
I guess I'm also just getting too old and smart to spend Saturday nights at clubs getting wasted.

Back