CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Stuck shed at end of tail?

Old 09-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #1
Iseitaku
Stuck shed at end of tail?

Hey I have 2 corn snakes and one of which recently shed while the other shortly started her preshed stage (I think they are going in cycle now for shedding.) Ruby the one who completed her shed still has a whitish hazy translucent tip of her tail. Is that stuck shed or is it just how the tail tip usually is?

Old 09-02-2019, 02:00 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Sounds like a bit of stuck shed. Do you have a picture? You can use a damp washcloth to help get it off. Let her slither through it and apply a bit of pressure while she moves through it and it should come right off.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #3
Iseitaku
I tried to post it earlier but I need to resize it. i'll probably resize the image and post it later

Old 09-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
You can also use an image hosting site, like imgur or photobucket.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #5
Iseitaku
https://i.imgur.com/xOvTumKr.jpg ok hopefully this works

Old 09-07-2019, 02:17 AM   #6
hypnoctopus
Hard to tell from that picture if it's stuck shed or just a bit of translucent tail tip, but I'm leaning towards normal tail tip. If it's shed, you should see a definite distinction between the dry skin and the fresh skin. If you try the washcloth tip I posted and it's still the same, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google