CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

You might get a chuckle out of this.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
Pine
Cool You might get a chuckle out of this.

A few weeks back I was holding my Strawberry Corn in my recliner.
For some reason he wrapped himself around my forearm and squeezed very tightly. He has never done that to me with that much force before.
I got him unwrapped and while doing so I noticed that just ahead of his vent it was swelled up. I then started to wonder if he was getting fat, seeing that's the first part that will store excess fat.
So now with him on my chest he starts to crawl to my shoulder and around my neck. Nothing unusual about that, he does that all the time.
I grab my phone and with the selfie turned on I look to see if he is starting over the back of the chair or just going around my neck.
About then I feel something cool on my left arm and thinking his tail was off my shirt sleeve. I look at my arm and his tail is still on my shirt, but I start hearing a squirting sound.
I realize what is taking place and call my wife telling her I need help.
By now I have him in one hand putting my phone down with the other and...
Have you ever seen a Labrador with very bad diarrhea?
My wife wants to know what I need her to do, and I told her to just help me get up without spreading the mess any further.
While grabbing and wiping me off she almost added to the mess.
So when I got out of the shower I told my wife " On the bright side, that kept me from having to clean his vivarium"

Old 08-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
blacktip
This is why I always make sure my boy has pooped before I handle him after eating. He did this to my daughter once and I decided then I wasn't going to let it happen to me.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I got very good at noticing the telltale signs of oncoming poop after it happened to me a few times. Usually the signs are suddenly the snake is being still and then the final warning is a raised tail. I've found that they are much more likely to poop outside of their viv while being handled, probably because all the movement stimulates their bowels.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
DeuceRon
That's too funny! And the bigger they get, the worse it is! During the nice weather months, I take my male outside onto the back patio, two days after a feeding, and let him get some fresh air. He loves it and does his business like clockwork. Olivia said it...there is a telltale sign!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google