CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Wanna Buy A Camera!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Pal-O-Mine
Wanna Buy A Camera!

So as the title says, I wanna buy a camera but I don't know which to go with or the right questions to ask. Basically I want a really CHEAP camera with auto focus and fast shutter speed. Something that can easily go from taking a good video or still pic of a moving horse without pixelating or getting it blurry to taking still pics of the details of my snake's eyes!

Any advice here? what do you like, why and how much did it cost?????

Devon

Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
ShenziSixaxis
I suggest the Nikon L110. It was last year's model, so it should be cheap, and it takes GREAT stills once you figure out how to use it. As for moving subjects, it doesn't like to photograph things moving fast; if you want super clear pictures of moving subjects, you will need to buy a DLSR and the needed lenses and such. The Nikon L110 takes decent pictures of things moving that aren't going too fast, such as river water. I think it would take nice pictures of a horse moving at a trot if you kept enough distance between you and it and didn't zoom in a whole lot.

Nikon also released the L120, the next model in the L1-- line. You could get that, but I think it's a little more expensive than the L110 I think; I paid just under 300 bucks for mine last year in April or May with tax, no warranty, and a 4GB SD card. I believe it was marketed $270, so you should be able to find it for around $150 used now.

Hope this helps. You can ask me for just about any kind of picture if you like.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Vinman
fuji fine pix is a great camera

Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Trudi
I haven't been able to send photos to this web site. Probably because I'm on dial up.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudi View Post
I haven't been able to send photos to this web site. Probably because I'm on dial up.
I dont think that is the problem If it is then set up a photo bucket account , it is free. You can paste a IMG link in the body of the post and your picture will show

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google