CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New server status check?

Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #41
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post
Thanks for the heads up Rich, hope we don't lose anything while we're offline! Have you any idea how long we'll be down for??
Beats me. I get one thing fixed then then another one goes on the blink. Now none of the ads from my FaunaAds engine are showing up on any of my sites.

Today would have been an EXCELLENT day to really start my retirement on some deserted island somewhere.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #42
bekers71
I'm having an issue with seeing the home page. It wont load. In order to see any of the forums I have to use the search function to get me there. I've tested other sites to see if it's just my computer or internet and all the rest are working fine. Not sure what the issue is. LOL

Ooops..I see some others are having the same problem. Sorry for the repeat post.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #43
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I'm having an issue with seeing the home page. It wont load. In order to see any of the forums I have to use the search function to get me there. I've tested other sites to see if it's just my computer or internet and all the rest are working fine. Not sure what the issue is. LOL

Ooops..I see some others are having the same problem. Sorry for the repeat post.
That should be fixed now. Are you still having that problem? If so, you may have to close and reopen your browser or perhaps even reboot your system to clear the cache.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #44
wade
RICH, I can see you, I can read what you have written. Oh God, I missed you soo much!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #45
Rich Z
OK gang, I had to read the riot act to all of the server guys involved with this server we are on. I send an ultimatum that this sucker needs to be running 100 percent green lights or I was pulling the plug and rolling back to the old server. Deadline is midnight tonight EST. Then I went and sat down with the wife and watched a couple of old reruns of Seinfeld on DVD.

When I came back, had a bunch of emails and it appears that things are running MUCH better here now. Front page here loads quickly, members can upload photo attachments, and the FaunaAds banner and text ads are all working. Spell check is working and even chat on FaunaClassifieds is working now as well. Just have to get chat working here and hopefully things will finally be running smoothly.

So anyone seen anything odd here or something not working like it should? Now is the time to tell me as the clock is running out on keeping that old server available. I may have already passed the time when I can dodge paying the monthly bill on it as it is. But I needed that backup just in case I had no choice but to roll back to it in panic mode.

So let me know, please....

Thanks for being patient with all this, btw.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #46
ZoologyGirl
Since it has started working again (when the homepage started to load again) I have not experienced any problems

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #47
Drizzt80
From home everything appears to be loading and working just fine and dandy and faster.

D80

Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #48
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
That should be fixed now. Are you still having that problem? If so, you may have to close and reopen your browser or perhaps even reboot your system to clear the cache.
Every thing is "A OK". Running like a charm now.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #49
The_Thunderer
Seems copacetic to me, Rich! And YES... I had to use spell check to make sure I spelled "copacetic" right!

Thank you!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #50
Rich Z
Apparently the chat code was gumming up the works here. It was still linked to the old server. So when the old server dropped off line, the code tried HARD to reach the server and then gave up after three minutes of trying. So yesterday when I had my server guy resurrect the old server because I thought we would have to be rolling back to it, then the problem went away. So today when I cranked up my computer and checked here, that 189 second delay was back again. On a hunch I checked, and sure enough, the old server was off line again.

So I went and set up the chat system install, and asked my programmer to change the IP address in that code line from the old server to the new one. And BINGO! Problem fixed. And the chat system is now operational as well. So that killed two birds with one stone.

Hopefully we are out of the woods now. I hope so, because the old server is probably gone for good anyway.

Darn I hope it is a LONG time before I have to do another server move. Even having my server guy do most of the grunt work, it's still stressful as hell...

** Well ALMOST out of the woods. I'm still getting an intermittent failure when I try to run the spell check. ** But I can live with that, I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google