CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

That Photo Technique Works!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
slitheringdead
That Photo Technique Works!

Hey, i actually tried the well known technique of covering my snakes for a few minutes before taking their pics and what do you know... they actually stayed still for a few seconds. Long enough for me to take some close ups. The next step is for me to create a nice natural background that will help enhance their colors and also add to the overall aesthetic appeal.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Nanci
I wonder if Bill Love ever gets up to your area, to do his photography talk at a reptile show. Because it's really interesting, and you learn all about the covering with a bowl or hide technique, positioning with a little stick or straw, how to make realistic backgrounds (he has this whole collection of sands and rocks and all kinds of branches and leaves and things). It's worth seeing if you get a chance.

Love the kingsnake!!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
slitheringdead
There are 2 reptile expos that are around an hour drive from Boston: 1) Manchester, NH and 2) Rockland, MA. I went to both of them last year and plan to go to them this year too, but i didn't see Bill Love's name in any of the programs. I'll be on the look out though. Thanks =)

Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
jacki3x_04
The shots came out really nice.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Jessicat
Nice shots! Everybody's gotta start somewhere, and it looks like your starting off point is really pretty good!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
slitheringdead
I'm just happy that now i can take clear pictures with half-way decent poses using that technique =)

Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Snakehead
Nice Florida King too!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
OkeeteeMom
Excellent! Now that I have my mini photo studio back from loan with a friend, I plan on taking some set up shots. I'll use the cover-up tip first.

Also, I believe there's a few photos on Bill and Kathy Love's site of the nature stage they have.

AND...I really like the way that one eye has a dark line running from the iris to the forward edge of the pupil.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
Ares2010
I love the tongue shot photos.. they are so cute.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
slitheringdead
My kingsnake said, "Thank you for the compliments."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google